New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How does a company as large as facebook have the world's worst support

mratnermratner Posts: 1
NerveGear
can't get a hold of support and they don't return trouble tickets.  I tried to cancel an order but they never got back to me and just shipped it.
Awful!

Comments

• evelynwardevelynward Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    that is seriously ridiculous!

• DeadausDeadaus Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    I think it is because they are new to hardware support and are still learning. They are a software company after all. Does not excuse their behavior.
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    edited May 20
    Really???  Facebook is a conglomerate; like GE.  Each business unit gets an overall goal to meet (like "take over the world").  Within parameters, each business unit is essentially independent.  Example; BP does not really care what goes on at the neighborhood ARCO station.  The Facebook moderators get paid; the Oculus forum volunteer moderators do not.  The OP is comparing bulls to roosters.
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 274 Oculus Staff
    Hi @mratner - sorry to hear your support experience hasn't gone well. I did a quick search on your email address in our support ticketing system, but was unable to locate a ticket for you. Would you mind DMing me your ticket number or the email address from which you submitted the ticket so that I can have the team look into what happened here? Thanks!
  • MitsuhaaMitsuhaa Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    why buy a Hardware company if you have zero experience with it
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    Mitsuhaa said:
    why buy a Hardware company if you have zero experience with it
    Because the people with the experience, come with it.
  • sonicnerd14sonicnerd14 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    It seems like this is starting to be come a more commonly reported notion. Most of the reps just rehash scripted replies used to boot you out the door as soon as possible, and sometimes there's no solution at the end of the interaction. They need to be less robotic and worried about trying to make sure they can resolve the issue as fast as possible, and focus on the quality of the interactions. Some solutions have simple answer, but they run your around in a circle do to things you've already likely done. Not just once, but sometimes more than once which is a huge issue. Its not just hardware issue, but software as well. They really need to clean up their act.