New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Are Oculus store sales somehow country restricted?

CazadoriCazadori Posts: 2
NerveGear
I was wondering is the store restricting sales if you are trying to connect from different country that you have registered on? I've had Quest for 2 months and since the beginning I've had everyday something on sale on the store. But now when working abroad, whenever I connect to the store, there aren't any sales. First I thought that they may have a pause before anniversaries, but there isn't anything also today so that doesn't seem the case.

I kinda understand if they want to have country-specific sales and avoid people using proxies to pass these, but am still disappointed that due to the nature of my job I'll miss most of the sales.

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,450 Volunteer Moderator
    You’re early, the anniversary sale will start today around 10am PDT, which is in just under 6 hours. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • CazadoriCazadori Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Okay cool, so I got that wrong. But has the normal everyday sales and last weekend been suspended since I haven't seen/had anything?
  • maju36maju36 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    There is a Robo Recall for Rift with cross-buy on sale already.
    Cazadori said:
    Okay cool, so I got that wrong. But has the normal everyday sales and last weekend been suspended since I haven't seen/had anything?
    I'm not seeing any current sales on the Quest store (in Canada), and 6 titles currently on sale on the Rift store. I haven't been checking religiously, so I can't say what might have been on sale over the past week. As far as I know, while prices are regional, discounts seem to be applied across the board. Anyway, the sale should be underway in a few more hours, and then we'll see what's on offer.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • FijwiijiFijwiiji Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    Cazadori said:
    I'm not seeing any current sales on the Quest store (in Canada), and 6 titles currently on sale on the Rift store. I haven't been checking religiously, so I can't say what might have been on sale over the past week. As far as I know, while prices are regional, discounts seem to be applied across the board. Anyway, the sale should be underway in a few more hours, and then we'll see what's on offer.
    Good day,

I was wondering the same exact thing.
    But I think it is because they are preparing for the anniversary.

The Quest is selling like crazy and it make sense to stop dailysdaily before the anniversary to "maximize" profit.

Just FYI, 99% of Quest games are available in Steam VR for dirt cheap. But the car h is you cant take the games on the go unless you take you laptop/PC

Waiting for the sales here🤤
    Another thing before the sale goes live--before you buy a Quest game that supports cross-buy, check the price on the Rift store! It's crazy that they don't always sync the price, but sometimes games are cheaper for Rift than for Quest, and buying either one gets you both versions.

It's easy enough to switch platforms if you're shopping on the phone app or the web site, so that's a better way to shop the sale than buying directly in the headset.
    edited May 21
    Well, the sale is live, but the Quest section is a little underwhelming. 11 apps and two bundles, with most discounts in the 20% range. The Rift sale is a little better, and I noticed that several Rift cross-buy titles are on sale while the Quest versions are not.

Edit: I've posted this list in its own thread for greater visibility.