New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No audio when using the link cable

Pacman8030Pacman8030 Posts: 66
Hiro Protagonist
Instead the sound is playing out of my PC speakers and when I go to sound settings, it's not seeing another audio device connected. Anyone figure out how to get the sound to come out of their headset?

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,449 Volunteer Moderator
    Is the Oculus Virtual Audio Device disabled in your Windows Sound control panel? That must be enabled for Link audio to work.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 794
    Trinity
    That happened to me today - I rebooted the quest, reconnected to the PC and all was good again.  I think users should power cycle the quest regularly, I turn mine off every time I finish using it, except for this week, where I kept it on all the time, and ran in to this issue.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • FealowFealow Posts: 11
    Brain Burst
    edited May 23
    This might not be the case for everyone but I have found a fix that worked for me (windows 10). So, when oculus link shows the error that there is no audio or mic do the following.

1. Right click the speaker icon in your system tray and click "open sound settings"

2. Scroll down until you see "manage sound devices" and click it.

3. Here you will see your output and input devices with separate sections for "disabled" devices.

(For some reason the default device status for the oculus link virtual input and outputs is set to disabled. This is why the oculus app is telling you that there is a problem with the speakers/mic.)

4. Simply click the disabled device "Oculus virtual audio device" for the output/input and then click the enable button.

5. Problem solved! Although sometimes I find the devices will reset to disabled now and then after disconnecting Oculus link. If that happens simply follow these steps again.

Hope this helps.
  • bass201312bass201312 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Fealow said:
    This might not be the case for everyone but I have found a fix that worked for me (windows 10). So, when oculus link shows the error that there is no audio or mic do the following.

1. Right click the speaker icon in your system tray and click "open sound settings"

2. Scroll down until you see "manage sound devices" and click it.

3. Here you will see your output and input devices with separate sections for "disabled" devices.

(For some reason the default device status for the oculus link virtual input and outputs is set to disabled. This is why the oculus app is telling you that there is a problem with the speakers/mic.)

4. Simply click the disabled device "Oculus virtual audio device" for the output/input and then click the enable button.

5. Problem solved! Although sometimes I find the devices will reset to disabled now and then after disconnecting Oculus link. If that happens simply follow these steps again.

Hope this helps.
    omg thank you soooo much