New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Support is an absolute joke of a team

Lon_eLon_e Posts: 4
NerveGear

I've been battling the team of people who can't use a computer at Oculus support with a problem I have battling for over 7 weeks now and live chat and ticket submission are just useless, My first time using live chat.

I was ended up being told that I was being pushed to the absolute HIGHEST priority in their system. A couple days after I was told that they say that

When you use live chat, your spot in queue has been reset

even though I get a response that just does not help, If I want to buy an expensive product, I want to have a reliable support team, I was told things like "VR is new technology" and that "Live chat and Support tickets are the same team" then going to say that "Our Support team is trying to work on the issue" and I've just been given the worst responses which is just the equivalent of "Unplug it and put it back in".

I am extremely disappointed with how Oculus support can't function properly without an overlord. And people who have submitted a ticket recently, have you got a response? Because I sure have not.

Comments

• MystaMagooMystaMagoo Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've found them all to be spot on.

Tell us your problem,maybe someone already been through it?
  • Lon_eLon_e Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited May 22

My rift s cant find a USB 3 connection, whatever it is plugged into it can only find a usb 2 connection making it unusable, everything is up to date and im vr ready and its just stopped working and no solution online works

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,617 Valuable Player
    edited May 22
    Lon_e said:

My rift s cant find a USB 3 connection, whatever it is plugged into it can only find a usb 2 connection making it unusable, everything is up to date and im vr ready and its just stopped working and no solution online works

Many Rift users (including me) are recently reporting that the software recognises their USB socket as USB2 when it is actually USB3. The software says "USB 3 connection recommended". However the headset still works fine.

This means that your problem could be something else and this message is masking it.

P.S. I've dealt with Oculus Support twice. Once for my original order being held (July 2017) and a broken right headphone. In both cases they were helpful and efficient.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,158 Valuable Player
    What are your full pc specs?  Prior to 7 weeks ago everything worked perfectly and for how long?  Have you recently ran an Oculus software Repair?  Have youchecked your device manager USB’s to ensure they are usb3.0, drivers are updated, and power savings are disabled?  Do you have any usb3.0 devices to check these ports?

Like the op said, if you can provide more details perhaps some user on this forum that has had similar problems, and sorted them out, may be able to help.

Of course your problem could be Oculus hardware related like a faulty Rift cable.  You might want to suggest to Oculus support that they send you a replacement cable to see if this solves your problem.  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

NerveGear
    edited May 22
    Richooal said:
    Many Rift users (including me) are recently reporting that the software recognises their USB socket as USB2 when it is actually USB3. The software says "USB 3 connection recommended". However the headset still works fine.
    I'm using a Rift S and i dont get this particular issue, if there is no USB 3 connection at all it will just stop working
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    What are your full pc specs?  Prior to 7 weeks ago everything worked perfectly and for how long?  Have you recently ran an Oculus software Repair?  Have youchecked your device manager USB’s to ensure they are usb3.0, drivers are updated, and power savings are disabled?  Do you have any usb3.0 devices to check these ports?

Like the op said, if you can provide more details perhaps some user on this forum that has had similar problems, and sorted them out, may be able to help.

Of course your problem could be Oculus hardware related like a faulty Rift cable.  You might want to suggest to Oculus support that they send you a replacement cable to see if this solves your problem.  Good luck mate.
    This is actually my 2nd headset from oculus, my first one didn't work at all after getting a new pc so they sent me a new one easily. 
    PC Specs
    Ryzen 5 3600
    RTX 2060
    16GB RAM @3200Mhz
    Mobo: MSI b450m mortar titanium

all drivers and BIOS versions are up to date
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,158 Valuable Player
    edited May 22
    Specs look ok.  What is your PC power supply ratings?  Do you have an external usb3.0 pcie card (preferably powered from your PSU) or do you just use your motherboard's usb ports?

Also. as Richard mentioned, can you confirm that it you get the usb2.0 message and you just ignore it you are still unable to connect/use your headset?  I have also gotten this message in the past (+1 year ago).  But since adding a 4 port, 4 channel powered pcie usb card (see my signature) I not seen this since.  Everything continues to show in the green and usb3.0 (v17).

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Titus_VRTitus_VR Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I've been waiting 3 weeks now. So far the support has not done anything.