New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Body tracking

Tonkata08Tonkata08 Posts: 26
Brain Burst
I saw that 6DOF says it tracks your body too. If that is true that means I will already have body tracking? I mean I didn't know for that much money you could get that many things.

Comments

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 767
    3Jane
    I have seen some stuff online of developers doing this, but requires additional hardware. The lower body tracking required an additional sensor tracker fixed to the front of the headset and to each of your legs. The software then used the built in headset sensors to track hand movement. 
  • Tonkata08Tonkata08 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    ok tnx

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,423 Volunteer Moderator
    The Quest tracks your head position in 6DOF (so you can look around and walk around). It also tracks your touch controllers or your hands. That's all it can see. There's no full body tracking built in.
    Brain Burst
    edited May 22
    I was wondering cuz It says:
    Six Degrees Of Freedom

6DoF means this headset tracks your head and body movements in your playspace and translates them into VR with realistic precision.. No external sensors needed.

"head and body movments" or that is just it tracks where you go?

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,423 Volunteer Moderator
    Six degrees of freedom means the headset tracks position (X, Y, Z) and orientation (Yaw, Pitch, Roll).
    When it says "body movements" it just means that if your head moves 2 metres to the side, you must have walked there. Your VR body (apart from hands) effectively just hangs from your head.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 794
    Trinity
    Oshape shows you a shadow that really matches what you do.  Well it seems to..
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
    Brain Burst
    ok tnx