New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why isnt my quest showing up on my PC?

samsub2901samsub2901 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hi, I am trying to plug my quest into my pc and it isnt showing up. Can you help please? ive already tried installing the ADB thingy. Didn't work... Iva also tried 2 different cables. Please help

Answers

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 966
    3Jane
    Are you just trying to transfer files to the quest or use link? Post your specs too
  • samsub2901samsub2901 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    MikeF said:
    Are you just trying to transfer files to the quest or use link? Post your specs too
    I am trying to transfer files because i am trying to develop a game. My specs are 1070TI and a 1060TI on my other monitor, I opened sidequest and it said "unauthorized, allow acces in headset" but there was no prompt
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 794
    Trinity
    On the headset s screen there should be a dialog asking to enable quest link when you plug in the cable, if you say no it should then ask is you want to connect to the pc - click yes.

If this does not happen, restart the quest, and plug in when it has fully started if it still does not work, change USB ports, try another cable.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • ezop73ezop73 Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    install the ADB drivers, plug the quest into the PC and accept the popup that appears in the quest headset.

or run this simple .bat script and it will show up
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 794
    Trinity
    ezop73 said:
    install the ADB drivers, plug the quest into the PC and accept the popup that appears in the quest headset.

Does windows 10 need the ADB drivers, I am not sure I installed them.  Maybe they come with side-quest, if so I recommend OP install that.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • ezop73ezop73 Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    edited May 23
    Windows 10 doesn't come with ADB pre-installed but yea if you've installed sidequest then sidequest uses the ADB.exe to connect to the Quest, the only problem is you have to load up sidequest every time you want to communicate with the quest, as soon as you shut down sidequest it send the kill-server command to ADB, hence why you have to load sidequest constantly.

just easier to use a .bat script to enable ADB and it will only kill-server when you disconnect the quest
    NerveGear
    Umpa_PC said:
    On the headset s screen there should be a dialog asking to enable quest link when you plug in the cable, if you say no it should then ask is you want to connect to the pc - click yes.

If this does not happen, restart the quest, and plug in when it has fully started if it still does not work, change USB ports, try another cable.
    Didnt work :(

NerveGear
    ezop73 said:

Thank you so much its working