New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Does anybody else experience issues getting their headset to work almost every time they use it?

tylero68tylero68 Posts: 1
NerveGear
This issue has been constant since the day I bought my headset. I start my computer up and its a great mystery on how long it will take the headset to work if I decide to use it. I have contacted support before, but all they seem to offer is a band-aid to stop the bleeding instead of solving the root issue. The "fix" is often an uninstall/reinstall of the hardware, as well as changing setting for USB ports, etc. 

The issue that I have is that something (my computer, the oculus software, or something else) doesn't seem to recognize that my headset is plugged in. I can sometimes pick up the headset and put it on and it fires right up. Other times, it takes numerous restarts of the oculus software, unpluggin and plugging in headset and restarting software. Repeat until it work. The thing is, there is no surefire method to get it to work every time. So what I would like to know is what is causing this.

Should I keep the headset unplugged from the PC until I want to use it?

Please offer any help or advice and I will give it ago. So far, the experience with the headset has been awfu. 

Answers

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,158 Valuable Player
    I keep my headset plugged in all the time no problems.  Maybe make sure you are completely shutting down your pc, not going into sleep or hibernate mode.  This has caused problems in the past.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).