New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Iam having a problem with Steam VR/Oclues app, Game stutters

DigitalDayDreamDigitalDayDream Posts: 9
NerveGear

Hello, I am having a problem with playing Steam VR/ Oclues app

I keep getting stutters with sound and video graphics I purchased a Link Cable from Amazon

High Speed USB Type C Cable 10ft(5M) Data Transfer for Oculus Quest Link”

When I play games I keep getting a audio distortion and the graphics lag a little its not every secound but its noticeable, Some games are more prone to it , but surely my laptop should be able to handle these games when I beat the min specs for all of them.

I can play any Quest game from the online Quest store via in headset menu and there is no problems with that. Its just when I use a link cable with Steam VR and Virtual Desktop.

My Specs are –INTEL Core i7 8750H

RTX 2060 6GB

16GB Ram

Ive set my Nivda GPU to my RTX as primary and not dedicated GPU but ive noticed no real changes in proformas.

I see with VR games they show a minimum and recommended specs on the store pages

How do I change graphic settings with Steam VR and Oclues App?

I want to set them to low and slowly increase it and trial and to see what VR games I can handle.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• MystaMagooMystaMagoo Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist

I can play any Quest game from the online Quest store via in headset menu and there is no problems with that. Its just when I use a link cable with Steam VR and Virtual Desktop.

RTX 2060 6GB

16GB Ram

Which cable?
    Quest isn't fully compatible with USB3.1 just yet.
    Virtual Desktop doesn't use/need a cable connection.

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 794
    Trinity
    DigitalDayDream said:

Hello, I am having a problem with playing Steam VR/ Oclues app

I keep getting stutters with sound and video graphics I purchased a Link Cable from Amazon

When I play games I keep getting a audio distortion and the graphics lag a little its not every secound but its noticeable, Some games are more prone to it , but surely my laptop should be able to handle these games when I beat the min specs for all of them.

RTX 2060 6GB

16GB Ram

Ive set my Nivda GPU to my RTX as primary and not dedicated GPU but ive noticed no real changes in proformas.

I see with VR games they show a minimum and recommended specs on the store pages

How do I change graphic settings with Steam VR and Oclues App?

I want to set them to low and slowly increase it and trial and to see what VR games I can handle.

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried just using a usb 2 cable to see if its any worse ?
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • DigitalDayDreamDigitalDayDream Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited May 23

Ok guys ive fixed the problem it was that I had virtual desktop running at the same time as the link cable beta and steam VR,It was creating a lag/stutter effect when playing steam VR games and games from my Oclues app via PC using the link cable

Ive tested it with several VR games from app and steam and I believe the problem is fixed. My cable works fine and the games are much smoother now.

Here is the cable link I purchased from Amazon.

"It wont let me post links."

Search - High Speed USB Type C Cable 10ft(5M) Data Transfer for Oculus Quest Link, PS4 and Gaming PC,Proxima Direct Fast Charging USB 3.1 Type-C with Normal USB (USB-A) Adaptor(5m) 

Into Amazon and you will find it. 

Just another quick question how do I set graphic settings in Steam VR?

I cant seem to find where it is?.

I am planning on buying the new Half Life Alyx game, But I know I cant have Max settings with just a RTX 2060 6GB.

Thanks.

• MystaMagooMystaMagoo Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist
    Graphics are controlled by the game not specifically by steamVR.You can find other steamvr choices once steamvr is running in the library.