New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How quick on the trigger are you to request an auto-refund?

wuzpwuzp Posts: 214
Nexus 6
  • The Quest & Go platforms are standardized; unless you have sideloaded apps or otherwise "jailbroke" your device.  With that said, all Oculus store apps are expected to load & start / run without issue.
  • The auto-refund policy requires that you "engaged" with the purchased content for less than 2 hours.
  • Some of us are so "in love" with getting the app to run, we might go over the 2 hour limit.
This poll DOES NOT cover being unsatisfied with an app, due to non-technical, or user expectation, issues.

How quick on the trigger are you to request an auto-refund? 7 votes

I immediately request an auto-refund if the app does not work, with the 2 hour engagement limit.
85%
Digikid1RuneSR2TomCgcmfcwuzpRobsatoterranarchive 6 votes
I give the developer a chance to help me, even if I end up going over the 2 hour (and 14 day) limit.
14%
McNutts 1 vote
I "go long" and keep the defective app, hoping it will someday be fixed.
0%

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,201 Valuable Player
    I immediately request an auto-refund if the app does not work, with the 2 hour engagement limit.
    I give a game a hour.  If it doesn't make me feel good about the purchase....or if it makes me extremely nauseous, or if it bugs out without a way to fix it at that time....then it's refund time.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 740
    Trinity
    I have never asked for a refund, they have all worked.  I might not like them - but but I have not yet has a game that has not started or worked.  Most if not all of the games over a tenner are OK, it was only ever the free or really cheap games I found to be total crap, and it really was not worth my time asking for a refund.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.