New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Family Sharing

Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 830
Trinity
On my Quest I noticed in the store some games has Family Sharing as a feature.  What is this and how does it work ?  Is there a page that describes this feature ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,961 Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 24
    I think it means the game includes multiple game save slots, or rather profile slots to be more accurate.

Edit: It could be useful for people to list the games in this thread that have profile slots and save slots. I don't think the feature stipulates which or the number of slots (if this hasn't been done already in another thread).

I'll start:
    The Room VR:     Profile Slots     3
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.388)
  • MoosebonsaiMoosebonsai Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This one user per headset situation is unacceptable.  I am very angry with Oculus.  I researched VR headsets very thoroughly, but I missed the fact that only one account can be used per headset.   If I had known this, I would not have purchased the Oculus Quest. 

We are quite the gamers in my household, which include my two teenaged sons and me.  We own several gaming systems, including the Wii, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Twitch, and a massive gaming/media computer homebrew with Steam accounts.  All those platforms have family sharing! ALL! ALL!

With the link cable, a carrying case, and individual headphones for each of us, I'm into it over $700.  For that much money, I could have bought the Vive Cosmos or even the Vive Pro Eye VR Headset.  The one account one headset can only be a money grab by Facebook and Oculus, trying to force families to buy multiple headsets and multiple copies of the same game.  

This one headset one account policy is a deal-breaker for me, a father of two.  If I can figure out how to return it all and recoup my money, I will.