cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN NOT GET RID OF THIS MESSAGE ON MY OCULUS SOFTWARE ON MY PC!!!!! HELP ME!!!! ITS ANNOYING

AdherentPeak18
Sightseer
So i downloaded the oculus app on my PC. I wanted to download the oculus quest link driver thing for it BUT i accidentally clicked on the Rift S driver download instead, and it now gives me this window every time i open the app. I cant go back to the menu tab on the app. I have tried shut downing my computer, restarting my computer, uninstalling the app, repairing the app, I have also tried pressing the back button on the top left of the window, it wont let me press the button. How do i go back to the main menu tab for this app/get rid of this issue message!!! PLEASE HELP!!! IT"S SUPER ANNOYING!!!!evwz72xgcson.jpg  ihe3q52jzk9w.png
6 REPLIES 6

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You need a VR-capable PC (including graphics card, obviously) to use Link, since the PC will be running the game and streaming it to the Quest. There is no Quest app for PC, there is only the Rift PC software, which Link runs through. Without compatible PC hardware, it just won't work.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kojack
MVP
MVP
It would help if you said which graphics card you have.
The Quest Link only works with certain cards: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

AdherentPeak18
Sightseer
@kojack @nalex66 
I cant even go back to the oculus menu anymore. Im stuck on this message. 

uKER
Adventurer
You're still not saying what card you have.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Again, what graphics card are you trying to run this on? If it's not one of the accepted ones, then that message is never going away.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see uKER's post, didn't mean to double up.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Richooal
Consultant
You could click on "Learn how to resolve this issue >"
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.