cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective system, no support

Voldrik
Explorer
I have a 64gb Oculus Quest that bricked itself overnight. It worked fine in the evening and the next morning it only displayed black. It does show the oculus logo and 3 dots when booting, as well as playing system sounds, but then just black. Factory resets and setting up my account again didn't help. I put in a support ticket 2 weeks ago and have only been told that I can't get it replaced due to system maintenance preventing them from sending a shipping label, and now it's been "taking a little longer than expected" for almost a week so they can't do anything but thank me for my patience. At this point I'm considering my legal options. All other major console makers have faced class actions over defective systems and now have automated the replacement/repair process. Oculus needs to do the same. Making people wait indefinitely to get expensive defective hardware fixed is unacceptable.
2 REPLIES 2

Saltymus
Honored Guest
I have the same Problem kind of. But it sometimes works - Then, it doenst. And so on.

Voldrik
Explorer
It seems like it's a fairly common problem in one form or another on all oculus headsets. It's easy to find posts going back at least a year. Some people seem to have success with a hard reboot or factory reset but that doesn't always work, as in my case. Oculus is aware of the defect but the most they've said on it is that they're looking into it.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?