New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Injector X-Plane Fix Edition

SystemSystem Posts: 14 Oculus Staff
This discussion was created from comments split from: VR won't load. X Plane 11 - Rift S.

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,320 Volunteer Moderator
    Hopefully if that works, it won't preclude Laminar looking into their code too. It sounds like their VR implemetation is maybe a little overdue for an update?
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,863 Valuable Player
    A guy on the xp11 forum just said it works great.  Well done kojack, you make all us Oculus forum members very proud!

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/213584-oculus-v17-not-working-and-v16-forces-update/&page=8&tab=comments#comment-1940239

I hate to think of all the guys who have stuffed up their Oculus systems trying to use silly hacks.  Thanks again mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,967 Volunteer Moderator
    Hehe, I was waiting for somebody here to say it worked before telling the X-Plane forum. :) Guess word spreads fast.
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
    kojack said:
    Hehe, I was waiting for somebody here to say it worked before telling the X-Plane forum. :) Guess word spreads fast.
    Ya, usually only BAD news travels so fast, lol!  Again, good job mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• martinrasabonimartinrasaboni Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hello, does it work on Steam X-plane version? I can't find the X-plane11.exe
    Hello, does it work on Steam X-plane version? I can't find the X-plane11.exe
    You should find this where you installed it.  Usually is is drive: steam library/steamapps/common/bin/  name of app/ should see the application exe file.

I'm guessing it should work on steam X-Plane, as long as it is running as a native Oculus app. It won't work with SteamVR.
    Although I haven't tested Steam, I bought it from Laminar's store.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
  • martinrasabonimartinrasaboni Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks for your help (both) I found the .exe and I run the injector but x-plane is still saying that headset is disabled and automatically unchecks the box for enable VR hardware. I don't know how to make the Xplane runs with Oculus Rift S. I will very appreciate if you can help me.
  • cpignolcpignol Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 26
    Thanks for the great work. Install the Injector and define an Entry. I use an X-plane 11.41 validated with a CD. and steamVR version 1.11.13) for occulus rift. Xplane 11.41 the VR doesn't work as already mention multiple time.

With the injector I was able to start twice X-plane 11 after a lot of attempt. When X-plane starts with the injector the VR works.May be a security problem? Any idea? Thanks
    Did more test and can not find why the process X-plane failed to start 99% of the time and need a lot of attempt  to finally successfully start. It seems to be random. Very strange.
  • abigbrickwallabigbrickwall Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks for your help (both) I found the .exe and I run the injector but x-plane is still saying that headset is disabled and automatically unchecks the box for enable VR hardware. I don't know how to make the Xplane runs with Oculus Rift S. I will very appreciate if you can help me.
    Im having the same problem here. I think i read somewhere that steam version has differences from the laminar download. i dont know if that's the reason
  • cpignolcpignol Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Im having the same problem here. I think i read somewhere that steam version has differences from the laminar download. i dont know if that's the reason

Never had any problem with steamVR it was running fine until we get this problem that X-pane  VR won't load with version 17.
  • melvilgmelvilg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I managed to install the kojak Oculus Injector program and now Xplane VR is working fine. Both the Rift headset and Quest link headset are working so this is a great fix. Great work kojak! Why doesn't Xplane buy your app?? 
    I'm pretty sure I know why people with the Steam version can't run the fix: X-Plane uses Steam DRM.
    This encrypts the X-Plane executable. When OculusInjector loads the executable, it's really loading Steam's copy protection code and hooking that. Steam decrypts the game into memory and runs that. Without trying to bypass Steam's protection, there's no way I can get access to where the oculus library is really loaded. At least not with the technique I'm using. I've got an idea, but that will have to come later.

The same thing happens with Euro Truck Sim 2, I can't hook into it because it uses Steam DRM.

The Oculus store's entitlement check is much less intrusive and doesn't get in the way of my code.
    Hmm, I've never split comments out of a thread before. I didn't know it leaves an ugly system post at the top. :(

• fly4funfly4fun Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the solution, it is really neat, compared to other proposed options. However, for some reason Orbx products and sceneries do not load up when using injector, everything else, like 3rd party airports from other developers load normally. Anybody else came accross the same issue? For reference, I have XP11.41 and I was flying over TrueEarth Washington state (default landclass and not photoreal as it supposed to be) and landing at Israel's farm (WA56 - default look). When I run 11.41 without the injector, the sceneries appear as they are supposed to. It seems that Orbx uses or adds something to either command line that direct link with the injector to xplane.exe misses.
    Not sure about Orbx, I haven't used any of their stuff.

Laminar have released a fixed executable of X-Plane 11.41 stable. It seems to work now.

No official solution for 11.50b9 beta though, but at least it has Vulkan mode which bypasses the issue.

Later I'll re-enable the in depth logging in my tool and see what the fixed version is doing differently.

Good to see Laminar and Oculus working together to at least provide a hotfix for 11.41 OpenGL.  Only applicable for Oculus headsets with xp11 download and/or CD versions.  Does not apparently work with Steam versions yet.  Hopefully the next xp11 and Oculus updates will sort this out for all.  It would be nice if they can fix the xp11 shutdown bug that reappeared with Oculus v13 as well.

Thanks again for all your efforts kojack.

No prob.

I guess this is a good reason for not buying from Steam when a company has their own store. Laminar has full control over releases on their own version and 100% of the money goes to the actual game company (instead of the 30% cut most stores like Oculus and Steam take).
    Even if it's cheaper on Steam, I like to support the developers when I can.
  • BeltrixBeltrix Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you, testing on V18 and it's bringing back VR to my XP, hard to believe you have to do what two big developers can't