New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat saber oculus quest delay

FealowFealow Posts: 11
Brain Burst
edited May 29 in Oculus Quest
Just curious if anyone else feels like the blocks are slightly ahead of the beat by default on the quest version? I started playing beat saber this week and I have a pretty good sense of rhythm as a musician, but there are times were I've been bang on beat, but a block still manages to fly past me. Also feels just a little like the blocks are reaching me ever so slightly sooner than they should be which messes with flow.

I use the quest built in speakers to play in case anyone is thinking I'm using bluetooth or something.

I know I can add a positive or negative delay via the settings, but was just curious if anybody else who plays the quest version experienced this by default?

Comments

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 809
    Trinity
    Fealow said:
     but there are times were I've been bang on beat, but a block still manages to fly past me. 
    Yes and its not just the quest, the Rift S version does the same.  I'm not bad at playing BS and FC all except expert and Expert+. (not bad for a fatty).

I just put it down to light and tracking, or having an off day.  But have just played it today and it did it again and I was on form !

I am not a musician, can only create cat-a-wowal, but know a good sound when I hear it - lol.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.