New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Original Rift Black Screen

Gr4nndGr4nnd Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited June 7 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Still not sure if it's a software or hardware issue but my Rift has black screens. It was working fine yesterday with all of the stuff I'm mentioning nothing new has changed but I still want to mention it. I'll play for around let's say like 10 minutes and then my screen will go black. I still hear sound but its black while playing VRChat people can still hear me(sometimes). I have electrical tape on a area of my chord where a Ziptie cut in because I would ziptie my cable to my headset to get it out of my face that part has exposed cable that could of been damaged by the ziptie I think I had it on for about a year until I realized and got vr pulleys which also brings me to my second part which is I use vr pulleys and to make my vr headset longer I use 0.9m(3ft) extension cables for the HDMI and USB (my headset also isn't plugged into USB 3 with the extender or atleast thats what oculus says) I tried removing the extenders once and it still black screened even with a direct connection. One time it also came back after a black screen but no other time has it happened. I tried playing games on both the oculus and steam stores and they both black out I can't see anything even oculus or steam overlays. Ask me anyhting about the issue I'll make sure to respond I will also make a ticket on oculus just wanted to post it hear aswell.

Comments

• IIIFREDIIIIIIFREDIII Posts: 13
    Brain Burst
    the game crash to black screen has been happening randomly to my son, please let us know if you find the reason or solution! 
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I found a few fixes on YouTube, I don't know if they work since I do not have the problem
    I am not allowed to post the links since I am too new here but one fix is by Veterock 360 and another fix is by Downloadable Content
    Hope this is of some help, Good Luck