cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are dead to me

grove21
Protege
Your products are low quality trash. New controllers break with a slight bump. Quality of plastic is trash tier. Your headsets became heavily awful. Your software is trash. Prices are trash. Built in facebook is trash. I switch to valve index. 
17 REPLIES 17

Thmoas
Rising Star
Thanks and bye, all works fine here. Sold my Rift and Rift S second and they all happy.

Probably hardware or software issue on your PC (and no specs don't mean anything). Have fun troubleshooting your Index for the same issues xD.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
And you are?
WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
g18aiqqhcbhh.jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
"You are dead to me"

Yeah, I once had that feeling after getting a hmd - but then I saw the light 
o:)

Play Oculus Games on the HTC Vive  Guide  How To

Btw, not sure anyone just switch to Index these days, right now the waiting time is probably between 2 and 5 months. Probably at least 4 months. Orders from March, when it said 8 weeks, still says 8 weeks.   

Interesting that some consider $400 more trash than $1k, kinda seems like fuzzy logic to me, I should have eaten more veggies as a kid, often I just don't understand stuff, sigh  😞

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Brain Burst.
Appropriate ranking?.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The OP does not state which hmd he (or she) is using, maybe it's a GearVR user - another sad victim of Samsung  :'(  

Maybe some colorful flowers can cheer up the OP!  o:) Yeah, tracking never was that awesome with GearVR, and Alyx may not be totally smooth sailing too, the OP does have my sympathies. 

TWO standing sprays and ONE casket sprayColor can change

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Careful boys.  He's clearly been working out because he said this just a couple of months ago and already he can handle the 810g of the Valve Index on his bonce!

March 17 edited March 17
1. Weight. Anything over 470 for me is a brick
2. No thumb rest on controllers
3. Much worse tracking
4. Plastic quality of controllers is literally awful
5. no mechanical IPD
6. Black colors
7. New strap system. My forehead didn't feel good.
I hope they just start to manufacture cables for CV1 again... Or CV1 plus edition or something. I have no idea why they decided to downgrade their product. It hasn't become cheaper because of it.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm guessing the OP is referring to either Quest or Rift-S. No way that this could be a Rift CV1 complaint, 'cause my Rift CV1 has taken a beating for 4 years straight and counting. Still works beautifully. I'm literally going to be sad when I finally upgrade and shelve it.

Quest controllers feel much more brittle than Rift CV1 controllers. But while I have punched nearly every solid object in my room with my original Touch controllers, I've never hit anything with my Quest controllers. So I can't compare their durability. They just don't "feel" as rugged.

My best guess is that this is a Quest complaint. Since the OP brought up how "heavy" it felt. And for me, the heavy weight of the Quest has always been a notable issue. With some strap upgrades though, it becomes manageable.  Plus the OP is upset with the Software selection. Of all the Oculus products, Quest has the smallest library. This can be solved with the Quest-PCVR integration options though.

If the OP returns to this thread while they're waiting half a year for their Index to show up, I can drop some links to some recommendations that will help ease his suffering a tad.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Oculus... 😄 😄 😄