New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Polygon Nightmare - Old School VR

Comments

• Mr678Mr678 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've got the files for it. Here.

(this should be the right one but if it isn't let me know I didn't check)
  • DarkTenkaDarkTenka Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    Mr678 said:
    I've got the files for it. Here.

(this should be the right one but if it isn't let me know I didn't check)
    omg .. sorry for the late reply. Forum didnt notify me, THANK YOU SO MUCH.. I will try it out when I get home.

Im hoping that LibOVR Wrapper will be enough to let me run it.

Thanks!!!
    Wintermute
    Unfortunately LibOVR Wrapper didnt work ... looking at it now it seems it is on SDK 4.2 ...  which is not supported by LibOVR yet :(.

I dont suppose you know of an easy way to get 0.4 games to run do you?

Oh well thanks for trying anyway... 

Hopefully Breton is actually still working on the CV1 version.
    Wintermute
    Thank you! I cant wait to check it out!
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    Can't wait!
  • EnmarkEnmark Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    OK. im back on track...moving on to Unity 5 and run-time V1.9.0... some major groundwork to redo to make it compatible between the unity versions. 

Working on integrated multiplayer within unity 5 and when my Touch controllers is delivered they will be my number one priority :) 
    Wintermute
    Awesome!
  • 3Dmon3Dmon Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    I remember trying this out with the Virtuality system at the local summer fair in the 90's. Good work and please keep us updated.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Breton said:
    OK. im back on track...moving on to Unity 5 and run-time V1.9.0... some major groundwork to redo to make it compatible between the unity versions. 

Working on integrated multiplayer within unity 5 and when my Touch controllers is delivered they will be my number one priority :) 
    any plans on adding bots?
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    Would love to see a "true oldschool mode" with simulated original resolution, fov and tracking latency :D 

Hiro Protagonist
    would be fantastic but i believe i could only add some simulated FOV and simulated resolution with relay bad pixelation to get it to look gritty as the 640*480 resolution. Thing is i haven't played the real game for more than 25 years. so al i have is the Youtube video to messure my work with :)

I hope to add some simple and playable bot, if its something i can import free from an open project. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Damn. i have some stuff to look into..... I made the first 2.0 on my DK1. without head tracking!....now i have to redesign the whole camera VS. player body to be able to have the camera stick to the player. for the moment the head is freefloating and the player still could be moved with the WSAD = VR sickness
    Wintermute
    Breton said:
    Damn. i have some stuff to look into..... I made the first 2.0 on my DK1. without head tracking!....now i have to redesign the whole camera VS. player body to be able to have the camera stick to the player. for the moment the head is freefloating and the player still could be moved with the WSAD = VR sickness
    You need to parent the camera to an object, having it position/rotated however it should be initially. Then don't try to apply movement to the camera only move the parent object.

Please make sure to add standard WASD/Mouse movement like a normal FPS .. I and many others don't get VR sick from it.
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited November 2016
     KillCard said:
    Please make sure to add standard WASD/Mouse movement like a normal FPS .. I and many others don't get VR sick from it.

No problem! Im using the prefab from the oculus package in Unity so with the latest SDK, i remade the player and it works!
    Standard is WSAD and mouse is FPS enabled. and i have found a nifty feature to always recenter the HMD on startup. locking into getting it to reset once in a while to assure the player always keep the body in center of te players top down view. alternative is to link the player to the HMD and bend the whole visible body. 

Native mode is the Oculus remote works for forward/backward motion and the push button fires the projectile. :)

so even if you dont have the Oculus Touch HW you don't have to rely on the keyboard/Mouse!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hiro Protagonist
    Solved it.: Avatar Controler is working in compiled version.

Anyone know how to easy convert the touch trigger to "Fire1" (Left mouse button)

for the moment button.ONE is lunching the projectile using old script with Fire1

Wintermute
    Glad to hear you're still plugging away at this mate!

I just got my Touch controllers and cant wait to have a go when its ready!

:)
    Hiro Protagonist
    Help found! Plenty of help installed!

thanks to dignifiedweb and TonyVT   :)<3

Moving on to smal stuff and then release!

Both Remote Controller and Touch are supported! 
  • dft69dgdft69dg Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Wooooi
    Wintermute
    edited January 2017
    Fuq yea man! .. Can't wait!
    Art3mis
    Breton said:

awesome!!
    Art3mis
    Breton said:

awesome!!
  • dft69dgdft69dg Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Any teasers, pics or video????
    Hiro Protagonist
    basicly it the same as before but with new support for Touch controllers and the remote controller. then there is only one new feature. the "Railtrack" walking NPC can now shot back and destroy the player.  :#

and there is a pixelation filter on the "Field of view" (60 degree simulation) to simulate the 276x372 resolutions  :) 
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    Looking forward to this, I actually played on this on original hardware last year, was surprised how well it worked.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 2017
    There is a new gunman in town. and now both of them is firing at you!  B)  

1.jpg 489.3K
    Wintermute
    Looks awesome man. Can't wait to try it!
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,806 Valuable Player
    Looks fun.

No sure how many of you know how the game got created. Funny story.

I consulted briefly for Virtuality, and have links to their new owners, a well as a number of features penned on the rise and fall of the company.
    2xan55713klf.png
    https://vrawards.aixr.org/
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959