New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Polygon Nightmare - Old School VR

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,256 Volunteer Moderator
    Good luck!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Terror-dactyl-nightmare
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • EnmarkEnmark Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    Firs fully compiled demo sent to the title owner to be reviewed. All fingers crossed  :#

I have talked with him two times now and he´s a really nice guy! both taking me seriously and aware of my previous work

Thanx @KillCard for making me aware of the owners company!  :)
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    Breton said:
    Firs fully compiled demo sent to the title owner to be reviewed. All fingers crossed  :#

I have talked with him two times now and he´s a really nice guy! both taking me seriously and aware of my previous work

Thanx @KillCard for making me aware of the owners company!  :)
    No problems man. Fingers crossed .. I hope it goes well!
    Fantastic.

After having some fun with it myself, I'm totally gonna show people this when they first try the rift so they think its the best it has to offer.
    Then ill drop em into buttet train lol.

Wintermute
    Thats awesome @Breton I can't wait to try this!
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    @Bretonif you can, add support for the virtuix omni. it would be amazing walking around in that   
    http://www.virtuix.com/

http://www.virtuix.com/resource-center/

Hiro Protagonist
    @RABID actually the original arcade machine only use one thumb button on the joystick to move forward, but of course with a little guidance i love to make it runnable on anny VR platform. my next goal is to make it working on the Vive platform and support the right buttons on their controler.  :)
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Yes the virtuality machines was the first time I ever got to try VR and every time I look at the Omni it reminds me of it
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    Cool! Looking foward to playing it,
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can't wait!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    Happy days, glad this is going to happen.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2017
    After reading through the Developer Distribution Agreement . Im kind of uncertain if i dare go through with Store publishing. :/
    There is a little too much obligations for me as a lone unpaid developer, to stand up against all the demands in the Agreement like ex: INDEMNIFICATION, and PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
    even if i now have the owners approval of the tribute game!

I will probably have to upload it to an non corporate homepage with a simple download counter instead......  :(
    Surely oculus can lend a hand here. @cybereality is there anyone in the office you can get to look at this to offer support to this budding developer?
    Wintermute
    I don't see why it would be that big a deal, Oculus should curate anything that they deem unfit for the store and reject it if it truly doesnt satisfy the agreement in someway. Otherwise the only people that can make a complaint are the same people that gave you express written permission.

I'm not a lawyer but I don't see you copping any kind of legal repercussions outside of the program being removed from the store at worst case scenario.

I hope @cybereality can confirm or set your mind at ease here .. but I'm pretty sure you're just worrying over nothing.
    Hiro Protagonist
    yes you're right! But if I risk a legal rollercoaster over this, it's definitely not worth it! ... then I would rather share a simple link
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,041 Valuable Player
    Breton said:
    yes you're right! But if I risk a legal rollercoaster over this, it's definitely not worth it! ...
    I am on the road so I apologise for disjointed reply.

I understand that OVR's disclaimers may impact this development -  especially as this is a port of a previous game and the "issues" with Virtuality's legacy that some parties have.

I am still in contact with Virtuality's patent holders and we can be sure they would help out on a question of ownership - however that animosity from certain parties may be a issue towards publishing?
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have the virtuality brands owners  (virtuositytech.com) agreement to publish the game in their company's name. so im not that worried about being persecuted by them. 
    But reading the the Developer Distribution Agreement makes me feel i could lose control of the product or be held accountable for any form of failure to meet agreement, leading to expensive legal corporate troubles.
    Im going to send my queries to the publishing staff and let them decide what's best, but the reply i got last time was only that if i dont own the product they will not publish it. so....... the terms of service leaves me no rest by reading them :)

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I can't really give legal advice, but please feel free to talk to the publishing team about your situation. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    I believe it can't be more down to point than this! ...... 

Wintermute
    Breton said:
    I believe it can't be more down to point than this! ...... 

I figured as much. :D

Congrats man, I can't wait to see your game on the store!

Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2017
    Hope to send in for evaluation this week! I updated to  Utilities 1.13.0
    and some things started going haywire. Having two versions of the same game, FPS version and Touch Version, is a pain :)
    Wintermute
    Breton said:
    Hope to send in for evaluation this week! I updated to  Utilities 1.13.0
    and some things started going haywire. Having two versions of the same game, FPS version and Touch Version, is a pain :)
    Yea, that would be annoying. At the very least I know how much easier it is to just do touch .. you dont have to animate the hands! .. at least not as much since the player handles "the animation" with how they move their hands in game.
    Breton said:
    I have the virtuality brands owners  (virtuositytech.com) agreement to publish the game in their company's name....
    I have just checked and Virtuality handed patents to Cybertainment, not Arcadia?

Did they confirm they had the liquidation teams contract?

KWP 
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thereafter CyberMind UK was sold to Arcadian Virtual Reality LLC. Arcadian operated in the US until 2012 when it was then acquired by ViRtuosityTech, Inc.

http://virtuositytech.com/index.php/about-us

@kevinw729 I have talked with the owner several times and he claims they own the rigts to all titles and the Virtuality brand.

What is the source of the "Cybertainment" patent? 

PM me and we can take this off line.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    Wintermute
    kevinw729 said:
    Breton said:
    I have the virtuality brands owners  (virtuositytech.com) agreement to publish the game in their company's name....
    I have just checked and Virtuality handed patents to Cybertainment, not Arcadia?

Did they confirm they had the liquidation teams contract?

KWP 
    Where did you check this?
    Hiro Protagonist
    Score working. 3min countdown and Dactyl warning sprite installed :)

and its possible to turn it off/on by press of a button (like the emulated 60 deg FOV.)