New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest left controller not working

ubername3ubername3 Posts: 3
NerveGear
My Oculus Quest arrived today (yay), and when I first set it up everything was working perfectly for a few minutes, then it says "Left controller not found". In the app it shows as paired, but I can't see battery or firmware info like I can with the right controller. I've tried pairing / unpairing, removing the battery for a few minutes, swapping batteries, factory reset my headset, etc etc etc. It's worth saying the light indicator on the left controller works.

I've raised a support ticket but thought it'd be worth trying to crowd source a solution too - anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• VROne3DVROne3D Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Strange one... faulty controller by the sound of it. My only suggestion if you don't want to wait 6 month for a replacement controller is to try resetting your headset. Then repairing your controllers.
  • C0MM4ND3R.CC0MM4ND3R.C Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same is happening to me right of the box. I waited so long to get one and now this.
  • Taylord_FirasTaylord_Firas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    VROne3D said:
    Strange one... faulty controller by the sound of it. My only suggestion if you don't want to wait 6 month for a replacement controller is to try resetting your headset. Then repairing your controllers.
    what if that doesn't work? I tried that and it still isn't pairing. I don't get it. do they just produce these and not test them out or is this a scam? I'm highly upset that I spent over 500 dollars for faulty hardware. 
  • clacurtisclacurtis Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I had my left controller stop working. I started pushing the buttons randomly (I just got my Quest, so wasn't quite sure what was going on) and it suddenly started working again. So it may just need some time to scan and reset. 
  • BlurredRainBlurredRain Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have this same exact issue happen to me too, but my stange detail is it only happens during Beat Saber. My left controller will just careen off into the sunset and i have to bang it on the ground or my head to get it to teleport back to me. It is quite annoying and im looking forward to seeing what solution you get so i may apply to mine as well