cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the odds of seeing Oculus Link functionality on something like the Xbox Series X?

dikdronk
Explorer
Both camps will have capable hardware. It seems that especially for MS, this could be an easy way to dip into VR. And yes, I've read their comments on VR, I'm just curious what this side has to say.

Personally, I would love it! I travel a lot and don't really have the luxury of being in one place for too long to have an entire VR rig. The unified architecture of the Series X should make it pretty easy to "port" games to console. Or if anything, have some sort of Oculus Link App on the xbox that can stream the games from an external SSD or something.

Sorry if this topic was covered before, my searches didn't bring anything up.
3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP
It would be odd for Microsoft to skip the 8 Windows Mixed Reality VR headsets that they helped develop to support a single headset from a competitor.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

dikdronk
Explorer

kojack said:

It would be odd for Microsoft to skip the 8 Windows Mixed Reality VR headsets that they helped develop to support a single headset from a competitor.

Yeah, I agree, but I feel that MR is a different animal in itself which is mostly focused on commercial applications. For gaming, it wouldn't make sense build their own with all the available headsets out there. Oculus Quest just seems like the perfect hammer for that VR nail on console.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm, unfortunately I think the droid got it right... 2c 

h17z8bsiq6bh.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"