cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I extend a 1m cable to 3m? [Oculus link]

KaiiEboy
Explorer

So If I extend a 1 meter USB C to USB A with a 2 meter non-powered extender.. will Link work or not? (both 2.0)

does it just work like connecting the quest charging cable because it's the same length?

length is the only thing that matters here right?

3 REPLIES 3

enigma01
Trustee
Should do. But why are you doing that when you can just use the charge cable, is the 5m too long? 

I’ve been using a 3m USB 3.0 extension (passive) and 2m USB 3.0 A to C and works fine with Link. So don’t see why a shorter chain with USB 2.0 wouldn’t work. 

KaiiEboy
Explorer

enigma01 said:

Should do. But why are you doing that when you can just use the charge cable, is the 5m too long? 

I’ve been using a 3m USB 3.0 extension (passive) and 2m USB 3.0 A to C and works fine with Link. So don’t see why a shorter chain with USB 2.0 wouldn’t work. 

No just because my PC doesn't have USB-C slot.. and a converter costs about the same as a 3m long 3.0 cable anyway. I do plan to upgrade to a better 3.1 with a 3 meter extension
I don't need anything past 3 meters because my room is only about 3 meters in width and 3.5 meters long (furniture included ::smiley: ).. so yeah

enigma01
Trustee
My room is probably about the same size actually with some furniture too. I wouldn’t want to use anything less than 5m cable still, you need room to move around freely and sometimes the cable can get tangled etc when you’re turning. Depending on your setup you can also lose about half a metre connecting the cable to the back of a PC. I also clip the cable around the side of the headstrap so it comes out the back, that causes some length to be lost too.  Just something to think about!