cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any option in Quest for enabling Oculus Link without prompt after cable detected?

RayLuoh
Honored Guest
As title.
For some reason I have to disable tracking and cover cameras, therefore using controller to click buttons is not easy.
I am wondering if there is such an option like "Don't ask again" so that I don't need to confirm enabling Oculus Link each time cable is detected.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
It automatically asks when you plug in the cable. That said, if your mainly using your Quest as a pc HMD via Link, then you can simply leave it plugged in. This allows you to start up Link via selecting it in the Settings (far right tab). Of course, if you unplug the Link cable then you'll have to confirm the next time you plug it in.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Sabrejet
Protege
I'd like to know too.  What Pixie40 said is great, but last night I was trying to stream + deal with some loading issues with a Steam game, and had to replug the HMD a couple of times and that added confirm was getting to be annoying.  I think, and this is pleasantly meant:  that since it comes with a charging cord, and it detects if it's connected to PC... maybe the act of plugging it in itself, should be the confirmation needed for linking.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
The problem then is that maybe you don't want to play a PC game right now, but you are still charging the headset. Or you are Sidequesting something, thus don't want it to automatically enable Link.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.