New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest Black Screen

owenlopezowenlopez Posts: 3
NerveGear
So as described my headset, has a black screen of death as people put it online. When hard resting my headset , I will get the oculus symbol and audio for boot up, after the logo there is no loading triple dots it just goes to a black screen. If I tap the power button when on the black screen it will make the audio of going back into standby mode and tapping again makes the audio noise for waking back up. So my next step was Factory reset with Power Button and Volume down button, the menu worked is say's erasing boots up again then same thing back to the black screen. I've tried doing a sideload of an update this still does not bring back video. 

I don't know how this possibly happens. I played it maybe a week ago showed a friend sports vr demo then put it back on the box it came in plugged into the charger, then went out to the field for a week ( army stuff ) come back from the field put on the headset it woke up but it was just lighted back black backround, so i restarted it and now this problem has started. I've had the headset for less then two months. I've contacted Oculus support auto-mated response came back in  saying they will get back to me within 2 business days. Sadly I'm thinking this will be a return back to an Oculus repair center, it really feels like it should not be I very much feel this is a software problem. I hope someone can help me figure out a fix.

Comments

• PessicPessic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Same to me, after turn off / turn on, black screen, seem the device is running but without image
  • PessicPessic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Problem solved, I dont know how, pressing volume - and power while a seconds, and power many times, at the end start
  • owenlopezowenlopez Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Pessic said:
    Problem solved, I dont know how, pressing volume - and power while a seconds, and power many times, at the end start
    can you elaborate on that more, so I've done the whole volume - and power and even factory reset and this did not fix the problem, I've currently had a support ticket open for 2 weeks with no updates, so fixing this on my own seems to be the only way. 

So details please on how you fixed yours