cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Headset Sometimes Won't Detect USB 3 - Reads It as USB 2

SilverMountain
Honored Guest
I've had this problem over the last week now, and I don't know what's caused it. I've plugged the USB for my headset into all 4 USB 3.0 inputs on the back of my computer, yet every time the Oculus program warns that the headset is plugged into a USB 2.0 port - up until I was making this exact post. I followed the recommended setting to shut down the Oculus program and run the oculus-driver.exe program in Program Files>Oculus>Support>oculus-drivers.

But that's not all, for I tried this fix just a few days ago as well, and it still said the headset was connected to a USB 2.0 port. I don't understand why it only worked now?

I'm using the Oculus app version 17.0.0.183.462, is this fixed in any possible beta versions of the software? What can I do make sure this won't happen again in the future, just run the oculus-driver.exe program?
1 REPLY 1

ceasare
Honored Guest
Same here..  running my oculus obsolete..... It worked flawlessly for a year...Removed and Installed all again but no success..... 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?