New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

WHAT ABOUT OPEN WORLD????

daubbie56daubbie56 Posts: 5
NerveGear
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO PLAY A GAME IN  FREE ROAM OR OPEN WORLD. SPECIFICALLY RED DEAD REDEMPTION  2 IN V/R OR 360????  I AM USING OCULUS GO. I CAN GET TO THE DEMO BUT IT DOESN'T LET ME PLAY!!!!   HELP!!!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,566 Valuable Player
    Red Dead Redemtion 2 VR using your Go? - Guess there's no easy way to say it, then again maybe this picture can  o:)

Sticker - Out Of Luck

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,424 Valuable Player
    edited June 22
    Move along nothing to see.....
  • daubbie56daubbie56 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!
    NerveGear
    ????????????????????????
    DOES THIS MEAN YOU DONT KNOW OR WHAT?
    NerveGear
    OCULUS GO SAYS YOU CAN PLAY A GAME IN FREE ROAM OR OPEN WORLD BUT THEY DONT EXPLAIN HOW. THERE ARE VIDEOS SHOWING SOMEONE ELSE DOING IT BUT I DON'T CONTROL THE CHARACTER
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,306 Valuable Player
    edited June 22
    Turn off your fricking caps lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DaubbieDaubbie Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    That's your answer?
    No wonder there's 732 unanswered questions........ASSHOLE!!!! 
    Brain Burst
    That's your answer?
    No wonder there's 732 unanswered questions........ASSHOLE!!!! 
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,306 Valuable Player
    No need for the swearing....

Typing in all caps lock is considered quite rude and is the same as screaming/yelling.  In the future would be best to avoid that in the future.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,135 Valuable Player
    edited June 23
    daubbie56 said:
    OCULUS GO SAYS YOU CAN PLAY A GAME IN FREE ROAM OR OPEN WORLD BUT THEY DONT EXPLAIN HOW. THERE ARE VIDEOS SHOWING SOMEONE ELSE DOING IT BUT I DON'T CONTROL THE CHARACTER
    They probably mean the most basic of games like you get for mobile. You would need a decent PC and the Oculus Rift S if you want to play games like Fallout 4 and No Mans Sky etc. However, Red Dead Redemption isn't a VR game. Interestingly when the game was being made though it did contain some code relating to VR according to one source.

On saying all this here are some games that don't look that bad. Will probably give you some idea as to what the Oculus GO is capable of

Brain Burst
    ok.....thanks for the explanation....meant no harm! Just hoping to get attention!
    Anyway, I will attempt to attach a video about what I am referring to.  If it can't be done, so be it, but someone should tell them to remove all these YouTube videos about doing it. Sorry if I offended anyone!  
    Anyway here's the link I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nX6Y2wSpcs
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,135 Valuable Player
    Daubbie said:
    ok.....thanks for the explanation....meant no harm! Just hoping to get attention!
    Anyway, I will attempt to attach a video about what I am referring to.  If it can't be done, so be it, but someone should tell them to remove all these YouTube videos about doing it. Sorry if I offended anyone!  
    Anyway here's the link I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nX6Y2wSpcs
    That is just the Game Red Dead Redemption played on a Monitor, I saw no mention of Oculus GO in that link. I do love playing this game even on my monitor though.
    Brain Burst
    ok....seems like everyone else is right & I am wrong. Can anyone recommend the next step up in order to do what I want?  
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,566 Valuable Player
    Daubbie said:
    ok....seems like everyone else is right & I am wrong. Can anyone recommend the next step up in order to do what I want?  
    Get a gaming pc, play the game in 2D. There is no VR support for this game.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,623 Valuable Player
    Daubbie said:

There is no way to play that game in VR apart from using VorpX.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,623 Valuable Player
    If you want to play an open world game in VR then try Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR and the GTA V VR Mod, but you'll need to get a different headset to do this.

No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous are two more games with plenty to explore and lots of things to do.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever