cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 5ghz wifi hotspot betwene oculus quest and MY pc

OneCheesse
Explorer
Hi, i want use virtual desktop in oculus quest, so i bought USB wifi stick (Archer T3U)

when i create 5ghz hotspot wit that USB on my computer, all devices (other computers, phones) are connected by max speed possible (866mbps), exept my oculus quest, there is speed just 173mbps

Weirdest thing is,when i try it on diferent computer, everything works as it should (Quest is connected by 866mbps), there is problem just betwene MY computer - Oculus quest, so do anyone encouter simmilar problem? or do anyone know how to fix it? 

EDIT /SOLUTION: I instaled older windows and that fixed my problem . My previous version was 2004, and "new one" i downloaded was 1909.
9 REPLIES 9

waynefontaine84
Explorer
I have the same issue

OneCheesse
Explorer

I have the same issue

Exactly same or simmilar problem?

What cpu cpu, motherboard and wifi adapterdadapter do u have? Me must found some simillarities

waynefontaine84
Explorer
Same speed when pc used as a hot spot over 5ghz WiFi however I'm using on onboard WiFi from the Asus Rog Strix 570-E gaming motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x. 

Must be something to do with the Oculus as I get full speed when connected to my router ovér 5ghz and as we have different WiFi adaptors what rules out there being an issue with them. Something strange with the quest with connected to a hotspot by the sounds of it!

OneCheesse
Explorer
I have ryzen 7 2700

Maybe that may case something, because when i use same adapter adapter in different pc, with same settings, it works fine

waynefontaine84
Explorer
No, there is no reason why the CPU should effect the WiFi connection in this manner. 

OneCheesse
Explorer

I have the same issue

I propably found solution.
So, i just downloaded older windows (and english verion, i had previouslycpreviously . My previous version was 2004, and "new one" i downloaded was 1909, something in that fixed that problem. I just try it on other drive, now ImI instal it on main ssd, and try it there

alex_delacruz_1
Honored Guest
i just have the same issue... any chance you guys can help me?

alex_delacruz_1
Honored Guest
never mind... problem solved.

how did you fix it? 😧