New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Newly Leaked Photo Hints At Potential VR Support For Cyberpunk 2077

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,406 Valuable Player
Might be a bit of a reach, but how awesome would VR support be for this title?!

First reported by Wccftech, earlier this morning a Reddit user by the name of u/Server16ark released a photo that was supposedly taken at a Chinese press event for CD Projekt Red’s highly-anticipated action-adventure RPG Cyberpunk 2077. In it we see a host of official Cyberpunk branding and merchandise as well as two omnidirectional VR treadmills located towards the back left of the image.

https://vrscout.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-vr-support-leaked-photo/
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 862
    Trinity
    edited June 24
    let's say there is i dont think its with a omni directional treadmill. I bought a treadmill to lose weight and i didnt know i had to shop for the space between the side of the belt and the belt because the belt tilts and the space is a premium feature. now i have a expensive paperweight. there's only less than a quarter inch on either side when perfectly calibrated its stupid. now theres such a thing as a omni directional treadmill i wonder if it needs to be calibrated too? If so i wonder if theres a space premium for the belt and the sides of the belt that the expensive models have that the poor mans model doesnt feature?

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,108 Valuable Player
    This would be the best news ever but I don't think they would let this one slip out at this event only.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,424 Valuable Player
    edited June 25
    I refuse to get excited, surely we would have heard about it by now if it was intended. I may have to play this in Big Screen VR anyway with my (insert hmd here) when it launches.

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,591 Valuable Player
    VorpX now has DirectX 12 support apparently so there's always that as an option. It's supposed to have improved dramatically over the last couple of years.

I keep on meaning to check it out again but I haven't got around to it yet. Red Dead Redemption 2 is supposed to be pretty good using it.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    edited June 26
    Yeah but it will be with an Xbox controller wont it? I gave up on vorpx sometime ago. The experiences were far from ideal. Happy to do it in the DK2 days when we were short of good titles.

I look at the above 2077 trailers and it just looks old. The movement is so unnatural.  Touch controllers have killed my mouse gaming.

There is no way that has VR support, it takes control of cameras, old Skyrim style dialogues in front of characters. The world looks cool but I am not seeing anything amazing here. Just looks like a Deus Ex game on a bigger scale.

If it was in VR then that would have been a true revolutionary game. 

What a beautiful city and such a waste to be stuck on a flat screen with janky controls. In VR you can be there. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,406 Valuable Player

16 minutes of gameplay has been released. Looks really good! I noticed some of the investigative features are similar to that of Batman VR. I love that kinda stuff.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,106 Valuable Player
    Didn't even know this game had been delayed again until November now.
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    edited June 28
    saami81 said:

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,591 Valuable Player
    Well I guess there's always VorpX as an option if it's compatible.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,106 Valuable Player
    edited June 28
    saami81 said:

We got the VR dev kits but….” Mamais says to OnMSFT. “Some things would work in VR but, I think, it’s not really viable yet. You’re not making a lot of money in VR yet.
    I'm not too fussed about this be honest because games with so much detail like this are better played on a large 4k screen. But I hate it when Devs have the attitude to VR that I posted above. If all devs thought like these do then there would never be any VR and it would never make any money. They will soon jump on the bandwagon though when everyone else has done their bit to make sure VR is a success.

RedRizla said:
    I hate it when Devs have the attitude to VR that I posted above. If every all devs thought like these then there would never be any VR and it would never make any money. They will soon jump on the bandwagon though when everyone else has done their bit to make sure VR is a success.

Completely agree here. It just sounds like the Dev's got a bit defensive. Rather than admit that it would simply be a lot of hard work that they didn't scope for (which is very reasonable), they took a more defensive (ego) approach and started talking as if VR isn't viable. Their statement is total nonsense considering how much other games are making, like SkyrimVR and Beat Saber.
    Trinity
    edited June 28
    To make a game in vr in unreal you should know both unreal blueprints language and unreal c++ game making. Its hard to learn blueprints I'm trying now, otherwise you would use unity I guess, and that uses c# which isn't as fast as c++ or so I hear idk myself one way or the other.

If you tried to port a game into unity its hard to grasp how to do it, you have the camera to work that's tied to the player. but to me having tried both unity is harder to make games for than unreal blueprints.

Why i said all that is i think there is a big learning curve to make a game vr when its been made for 2D. Beatsabre is made for VR, skyrim i know nothing about.

A big game takes a lot of people who all probably have to know how to make their work vr compatible. I hope to see games I make work with the vr headsets one day though but i have to go past unreal blueprints to also have unreal c++ or unity.
    4K version and showing more scenes 25 minutes.

Trinity
    i watched 6 minutes its beautiful.
    Low-Fi will be getting my money, I'll just wait for 2077 to catch up with the real technological future :)
    Low-Fi will be getting my money, I'll just wait for 2077 to catch up with the real technological future :)
    What low-fi needs (which we've not seen any evidence of so far) is getting some population density in there. It's all rather empty at the moment. The main gameplay is said to be "bounty hunter" style. If IrisVR can add many NPCs then yes LOW-FI will certainly be a more immersive experience having the VR advantage. I really hope they can pull that off in the coming months even if it means a delay. They have some decent facial animations for NPC characters, like the guy in the apartment. 

• NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Many games can be made "VR" because they already contain 3D models. But the difference between a VR title and a Supports VR is all in the interaction. I have VorpX and am mostly disappointed with it because in a VR game I want to have hands and use those hands with my Touch Controllers versus using an Xbox controller. I love playing Subnautica, but it is not really a VR game. Unless a game is developed with VR in mind, it would rather play it pancake.
    i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest
    Trinity
    edited June 29
    Many games can be made "VR" because they already contain 3D models. But the difference between a VR title and a Supports VR is all in the interaction. I have VorpX and am mostly disappointed with it because in a VR game I want to have hands and use those hands with my Touch Controllers versus using an Xbox controller. I love playing Subnautica, but it is not really a VR game. Unless a game is developed with VR in mind, it would rather play it pancake.
    Oh I c. 

If I were to fix that

first thing is in unreal i would go to project settings, input, and make some axis mappings for the movement of the arm in the x,y axis,  and then the hand, then fingers, used with the controller.

then second the axis mappings would move the characters arms, hand and fingers so these would have to be animated to move, using rigging of the character like a puppet.

then third i would call these axis mappings in the blueprint and attach them to the characters animation to move the arms, hands, fingers, using the controller to control a character, making the animated limbs pawns because pawns can be moved, so the arms, hands, etc. can be moved, probably parenting the limbs to the child hands to the child fingers.

then fourth i would make stuff in the environment interactable with the arm, hand, finger, pawns like pac man being the arm and the pellets being the moved object like a ball, so these in game objects like a ball would have to be movable. making the world object like a ball or stick a pawn child to the pawn limbs (arms, hands, fingers) i move about with the controller, the grabbed object being a child to the fingers.

even with all that the best vr throw i could do in a baseball game i would throw like a weak girl who can't throw, i throw funny.