New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Giant Steam Summer Sale 2020 Has Begun - 25% off Alyx - and much more!

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,781 Valuable Player
edited June 25 in Games and Apps
More here: 

https://store.steampowered.com/vr/

Edit: A better (more comprehensive) link to all discounted VR games:

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?vrsupport=402&specials=1

Unfortunately, I think I already own all the titles I find interesting, sigh... 
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,678 Valuable Player
    Wait, we have another Steam sale?? I've already bought like 10 new software titles over the last 3 months when the Pandemic Sales started. FML...
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,204 Volunteer Moderator
    I picked up Quake and Quake 2 for a couple bucks each, because I can play them on my Quest with the VR engine ports. I also got Doom VFR for 70% off. I had been holding out because the devs never added left-handed mode, but I’m comfortable enough shooting right-handed to muddle through, I think. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,475 Valuable Player
    * hands hovering over BUY button for Boneworks*

:s
  • Bonzi86Bonzi86 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just scooped up Alyx on discount - it's AMAZING so far; it plays great wirelessly over Quest/Virtual Desktop!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,781 Valuable Player
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

For the lazy newcomers  ;)

• parsecnparsecn Posts: 135
    Art3mis
    Many thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to pick up Natural Locomotion and Sports Bar VR. 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    Nice, thanks for the heads up @RuneSR2 and for all the effort you put into this forum. :)

I have most of them but may get Moss and Creed.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    * hands hovering over BUY button for Boneworks*

:s
    Same here.. but -20% is just hardly a sale :lol:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,305 Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 26
    Age of Empires 1 and 2 Definitive Edition bundle in my basket... I'm still addicted to RTS's on my monitor, just replayed Starcraft and in the middle of Starcraft 2 (again) .

For VR I've basketed IL-2 Sturnovik BoS (big discount) and BoB. Am hovering over the Road to the Black Sea DLC for ECS2, I haven't really played that sim much but I keep buying the DLC and that's the only one I don't have. It's a really well made sim and I feel like I'll get into it at some point.

Thanks for the heads-up by the way, even though it's costing me! My 3 games HDDs are getting super full so this is possibly going to trigger a bigger SSD & HDD buy too.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,784 Valuable Player
    edited June 26
    Digikid1 said:
    25% Off Alyx...

Me:

I cannot resist this any longer, lol!  The discount from aud$84.95 to aud$55.71 including the aud$8 Road Trip  discount is kinda hard to ignore (33% discount overall).  Not sure when I'll get to this since I have soo many VR games I have not completed.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

TomCgcmfc said:
    Digikid1 said:
    25% Off Alyx...

Me:

I cannot resist this any longer, lol!  The discount from aud$84.95 to aud$55.71 including the aud$8 Road Trip  discount is kinda hard to ignore (33% discount overall).  Not sure when I'll get to this since I have soo many VR games I have not completed.

Be careful, once you open the portal, life will never be the same again - and do remember  o:)

Man it takes a long time to download ~50Gb, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,181 Valuable Player
    I picked up all the IL-2 stuff I'm missing, collector planes and such. Most of it's 75% off. Also grabbed boneworks and a bunch of flat screen games.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,990 Valuable Player
    Must...resist...must...resist... 😂😂😂
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    snowdog said:
    I put what I wanted in the basket and waited to see if I could resist the purchase button. I lasted the whole day but failed just before midnight.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
    edited June 26
    snowdog said:
    I put what I wanted in the basket and waited to see if I could resist the purchase button. I lasted the whole day but failed just before midnight.

Yea, resistance is futile for me lol. Just picked up Dirt Rally 2 goty edition pretty cheap for 70% off. And Boiling Steel for 9.99.
    Also grabbed Budget cuts 1 & 2, Into the Radius, The Room VR for some small discounts. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot for 7 bucks, Hellsplit arena and others. I hate(love) Steam sales.
    pyroth309 said:
    snowdog said:

Yea, resistance is futile for me lol. Just picked up Dirt Rally 2 goty edition pretty cheap for 70% off. And Boiling Steel for 9.99.
    Also grabbed Budget cuts 1 & 2, Into the Radius, The Room VR for some small discounts. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot for 7 bucks, Hellsplit arena and others. I hate(love) Steam sales.
    I removed the IL2 Bodenplatte from the basket to make the total just over £30 and still quality for the extra £5 off. I figure I can now include that in another bunch of purchases tomorrow and get another of those £5 discounts!! I'll end up spending more but I'll have beaten the system.

In reality... I'll just be spending more.
    Ya, when my wife boasts about buying things On Sale I always tell her that she Saving ourselves Rich, lol!

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,678 Valuable Player
    Well fml. Just spent more than I probably should have lol

Terraria
    Devil May Cry 5
    A Plague Tale: Innocence
    Dead Cells
    Slay the Spire
    Metroid Exodus Gold

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    pyroth309 said:
    snowdog said:

Valve said that Budget Cuts was an inspiration for Alyx, but I always thought that game looked like some low-poly, silly and semi-boring game. I'd love to be wrong - so, is it good? :)

https://www.vg247.com/2020/04/07/budget-cuts-half-life-alyx-boneworks-valve/

Don't ask me, i haven't played it yet lol. I picked it up because it was cheap and was among the top played VR games.
    edited June 27
    pyroth309 said:
    Don't ask me, i haven't played it yet lol. I picked it up because it was cheap and was among the top played VR games.
    But then you're forcing me to do the same thing  :#   :D   

Steam recently warned me than I'm refunding too many games and asked me to read more reviews  o:)

But did just buy (before the summer sale, sigh):
    Blueplanet VR (totally awesome using high-res lcd hmds)
    The Wizards Dark Times (has native Oculus driver support - best on CV1, needs asw 2.0)
    Yesterday Origins (yes, pancake, but point'n click adventure)
    Project Cars 2 (just to see it, but 50GB... sigh - does run great using Index res 125%)
    Street of Rage 4 (also pancake - for the kids and some family local co-op  o:)

Refunded:
    Explore Fushima Inari (boring, not made for lcd hmds)
    Contractors (forgot there's no singleplayer)
    Down the Rabbit Hole (it was a fullblown Quest port :# )
    Obra Dinn (2D, great Metascore, but way too much nostalgia for my taste)
    Grip: Combat Racing (not great enough, my backlog only includes shiny stuff B) )

edited June 27
    RuneSR2 said:

Steam recently warned me than I'm refunding too many games and asked me to read more reviews  o:)

hmmm, didn't realise they did that, wonder what the progression would be if you ignored that advice. Seems a legit thing to do if for example you're a games reviewer.

I don't think I'd ever have an issue there though as I've never refunded a game... I must be easily pleased.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,291 Valuable Player
    edited June 27
    i get why valve put limits on. personally i i have refunded 3 games one from steam and 2 from oculus .
    as for the sale.    The Mages Tale isnscreaming at me to buy for 6;quid odd but truth is i already have to many games and not enough time

PS i dont think a games reviewer is a legit reason to refund games myself.

partly because 1) why should they be allowed to get a game for free to review if they are not sent one and 2) because most games I would say it takes more than 2 hrs gameplay to give a fair review......... any reviewer abusing the valve refund policy to review games is likely to give a half baked review imo
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,938 Valuable Player
    I purchased Raw Data and Drop dead at about £6 each.
    edited June 27
    The reason why I think it's legit is because they're not sent one so they can give an unbiased review or at least be seen to be unbiased. They can buy it of course and get recompense from viewing figures from their channel or whatever but that brings its own pressures and temptations by way of maximising likes and views. 2 hours of play, max, isn't like it's getting the game for free.

And I realise 2 hours isn't going to be a full play thorugh but it's been enough for me to decide whether I like a game or not... and indeed 2 hours forms the basis of Steam's decision to refund or not so they must think it's long enough for that purpose.
    edited June 27
    I think the steam refund warning is a ratio type deal. I've returned dozens of games but I've bought hundreds so I've never been warned lol. I think the warning just says that the refund system isn't for trying out games. Had a friend who got it because that's what he was doing. I'm not sure what follows if you continue to do it. Maybe they wont' grant refunds anymore?
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 338
    Trinity
    Too bad that i own all good VR games on steam or oculus already. I guess i need to buy pancake games to get rid of my hard earned money.