New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Link

ColtonBaird32ColtonBaird32 Posts: 10
NerveGear
So I bought the link and im currently waiting for my quest to ship in. I have a usb c port on my mother board and not my graphics card. Does this mean im only getting power from my cpu or am I getting power from my graphics card.
Tagged:

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,640 Valuable Player
    So I bought the link and im currently waiting for my quest to ship in. I have a usb c port on my mother board and not my graphics card. Does this mean im only getting power from my cpu or am I getting power from my graphics card.
    From your graphics card.
    I run mine through a C-Port on my MB as well.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • brad.mannion.5brad.mannion.5 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yeah, well I'm not a happy camper! I just spent over 80.00 US for this cable and now I have to buy a 3.1 USB-A to USB-C because my 2year old gaming PC has no USB-C ports  HAY OCULUS YOU THINK YOU COULD INCLUDE AN ADAPTOR WITH YOUR 80.00 CABLE!!!!!
  • ColtonBaird32ColtonBaird32 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Yeah, well I'm not a happy camper! I just spent over 80.00 US for this cable and now I have to buy a 3.1 USB-A to USB-C because my 2year old gaming PC has no USB-C ports  HAY OCULUS YOU THINK YOU COULD INCLUDE AN ADAPTOR WITH YOUR 80.00 CABLE!!!!!
    Shit bub that's crazy! It honestly is a pricy ass cable. The most expensive cable I ever bought hahaha
  • ColtonBaird32ColtonBaird32 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    From your graphics card.
    I run mine through a C-Port on my MB as well.
    Ok cool I was just wondering. Im glad I do not have to get a adapter. Thanks for the help!!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,640 Valuable Player
    Shit bub that's crazy! It honestly is a pricy ass cable. The most expensive cable I ever bought hahaha
    Not really. The description on the Oculus Link Cable states it is USB-C.
    Should not come as any surprise.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |