New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I Can Only See On Monitor And Not Quest Using Oculus Link

Starman1849Starman1849 Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hello! I am having trouble with my quest when using oculus link. Whenever I plug in my quest I go through the set up and everything works until I start playing a game (Roblox VR). Whenever I go into the game I can see in my monitor what i should be seeing in my quest, but whenever I put on the headset it is just a black screen. My guardian still works, but I can not go to the home screen, and I can not see anything other than my guardian. Whenever I move my controllers and head it works in the Roblox VR game, but I can only see it on my monitor. I am using a ten dollar USB 3.1 to USB c cable from amazon for my oculus link cable. My thought is to get a new cable but I wanted to see if there is anything else I can do before I purchase a new cable. Any suggestions?

Comments

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 802
    3Jane
    I take it you have followed the instructions to enable Unknown Sources within the Oculus desktop app etc? 

Do any other games or experiences work with your existing cable? If they do, then I doubt it's the cable causing the problem. 
  • Starman1849Starman1849 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have turned on Unknown Sources and i cant try any other game, because i dont know of any other free game.

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,640 Valuable Player
    edited June 28
    Try it with the charging cable that came with the Quest and see if you get an image in headset of at least Oculus Home with Link.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Starman1849Starman1849 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Whenever I use the cable that came with the quest it doesn't work, and it says that you cant use the original cable that came with the quest.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,640 Valuable Player
    edited June 29
    Whenever I use the cable that came with the quest it doesn't work, and it says that you cant use the original cable that came with the quest.
    Oculus changed that in latest version of software.
    But if you already tried and it did not work for you that is another thing.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |