New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How can I convince Oculus to stop sending offers for discounts and new games

Mike-JBMike-JB Posts: 6
NerveGear
I'm completely fed up with all new offers from Oculus for games they want to sell and presentation of new games. I know which applications I want to have and I'm not interesed in most games. If I want to play a game I search for it.
Is there a way to turn this marketing spapping off?

Comments

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 802
    3Jane
    edited June 28
    Log-into your Oculus account and go to Privacy Centre and then scroll down to Product notifications and toggle on / off as you wish.  
  • Mike-JBMike-JB Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    OK, great, hope that works
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,802 Volunteer Moderator
    The offer emails I've had from Oculus have included an unsubscribe link.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
    NerveGear
    It's not so much in the offer-emails, I've indeed unsubscribed. But when I open the app, or the headset I'm faced with all kind of programs I'm not interested in. I just want to find the programs I actively downloaded. I even cannot get rid of the programs which have been uploaded as Demo. If you remove them they keep popping up in the library. If I buy a tennis racket, I don't want, every time I open the sleeve to play a game, that random other playing tools pop out of the sleeve, I just want to play tennis.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,802 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2
    Ah ok, did the change of preference alter what you see? it doesn't bother me but I understand it would annoy some.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
    NerveGear
    No actually not. When I start the headset, it starts at 'Home' where I expect my 'home', being the applications I purchase or downloaded. However the first item I see is a recommendation for a game I'd never want to have.
  • FelicityCFelicityC Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Yeah it is really annoying to have it all so restricted. Dash is just as annoying. Wish it really just sent you to a default landing page that was customizable based on which you wanted to see first, ie, the library, like it rly should be

I don't think there's any way to get around that. It's just core to the program sadly

8700k @ 5ghz allcore, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 2x8gb memory @ CL16 1T, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, overheating from OVRserver_x64