New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Asking about lens condition of refurbished units

Hello everyone. I am interested in buying a Rift S. I would like to know if I receive a refurbished unit could there be any blemishes or scratches on the lenses? I don't want to see marks in my vision while wearing one of these. Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,665 Valuable Player
    If you are buying a new Rift S, you should NOT be getting a refurbished unit. New is new.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• wuzpwuzp Posts: 320
    Trinity
    edited June 28
  • davanblaricomdavanblaricom Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    But I thought I read these days Oculus is selling refurbished units for the same price as the new due to stock shortages.
    Trinity
    But I thought I read these days Oculus is selling refurbished units for the same price as the new due to stock shortages.
    Please cite where you read this.
  • davanblaricomdavanblaricom Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Sorry I misunderstood the information. I reviewed where I read the news and it said Oculus is selling refurbished original Rifts while the Rift S remains unavailable. The articles are old since the Rift S is being sold again.
    Trinity
    The issue with refurbished Rifts is the lack of spare parts; particularly controllers and cables.