New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus quest works on my gaming laptop... but Oculus rift S causing the laptop to freeze/blackscreen

StinkyNinjaStinkyNinja Posts: 1
NerveGear
So I got a new laptop...Vapor 15x: RTX 2070 Super. 10th gen 8 core Intel 32 gb ram... its a nice machine that has been running fairly smoothly... So I happen to have both Oculus Rift S and Oculus quest. I played a few games on the Rift S... and after about 10-15 minutes the laptop and the rift go to black screen and is totally unresponsive. There is nothing I can do except give the laptop a cold restart. I tried playing the same games (Half Life Alyx and Stormlands) on my quest with link and it works fine. I am looking for suggestions, or if anyone else has had an issue like this for the rift S or if people think it may be an issue with the new laptop. If I can fix the issue myself it is preferable to sending my laptop back to the shop.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,261 Valuable Player
    Pretty hard to say for sure but maybe try unplugging your Rift headset cable (both ends) and reseat it again.  Also make sure you do not have any power saving options on any USB’s.  You may also want to contact Oculus support and start a ticket.  They may be able to detect your problem by reviewing your log files.  Good luck.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).