New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Poor performance with Oculus Link

0Theyoyofreak00Theyoyofreak0 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hey Everyone,

So about a month ago when I last used Oculus link, my Performance was silky smooth, with my framerate rarely ever droping below 72 FPS when playing either Beat Saber, VRChat, Pistol Whip, and Raccoon Lagoon.

Today however, I tried to play Beat Saber, VRChat, Pistol Whip, and Raccoon Lagoon, and within all these games, my framerate looked like it was between 20-40 FPS. However, and this is the really weird/confusing part, when I would use the Oculus Debug tool to check my performance, it would show my framerate was at a solid 72 FPS.

Nothing for my PC has changed since the last time I used it, I have a AMD 5700 XT on the latest drivers, an R7 1700X, and 16GB of ram at 3000Hz, and the cable I use is the 10FT Anker Cable that Oculus themselves recommend on the Oculus Link Compatibility page.

Is anyone else having these issues, and if so, is this something that has recently started happening for you, or has been happening?

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,261 Valuable Player
    Maybe try rolling back your amd gpu driver to one earlier.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).