cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when one of your oculus devices has had enough?

Nij
Heroic Explorer
My left controller's thumbstick
seems to have become defective, when you push forward it intermittently
starts and stops movement, making most games unplayable as you obviously
use it for walking

Everything else works fine
with it, even pushing down on it lets you run, and I've done all the
usual checks, replacing batteries, re-pairing, cleaning so definately think it's
hardware related, been in talks with oculus for a few days now so just
need to wait to see what they say

Anyone who
has had defective products, do you know what the process is, I got my rift s
23.05.2019 so do you get a year or 2 years guarantee with it (in the UK)

If
they won't replace or repair it will I just be expected to purchase another one? definately no physical damage to my controller, I've not hit anything
with it yet 😄
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I RMAed a controller for a dead button in 2017. It took a bit of back and forth with support (they wanted a video showing the issue), but they eventually sent me a shipping label to send my controller in, and then sent me a new one. It took about three weeks from the start of my ticket until I had a new controller, but a chunk of that was shipping—overland from Toronto to California takes a few days. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Cheers, yeah I RMA'd 2 defective CV1's a while ago aswell and I remember that took a lot of back and forth with oculus and was a few weeks before I got a new one, just wondered if things have changed since then 😄
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

lensmandave
Superstar
Yep, 2 years for UK purchases 🙂
I had an earphone bug out on my CV1 a bit over a year ago, it was very nearly 2 years old and Oculus replaced it with no hassle. Just wanted to see original purchase receipts.
Good luck 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Nij
Heroic Explorer
awesome thanks, I had the earphone issue with my cv1, the the mura issue, so I sent 2 back and probably was over a year old but jsut wondered if anything had changed since then