cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the desktop GTX 1060 split up into 3GB and 6GB but mobile 1060 isn't for link compatibility

aruce9
Honored Guest
hi everyone, i have kept a careful watch over the oculus link compatibility page and the most baffling change to the list of supported GPUs is how on the desktop side the 1060 6gb is supported and not the 3gb version. this makes sense the 6gb 1060 is more powerful and closer to a 1070 rather than a 1050TI but my confusion comes in the form of disrespect for the mobile side. The laptop i own is not compatible with the oculus rift s due to lack of DisplayPort but it has the higher end 1060M. i have had several issues that oculus pretty much said figure it out your computer is not supported though oculus link. i understand there will be some issues but why isnt the 1060M split up like it's desktop cousin where there are 2 main variations, 3GB and 6GB, it makes no sense seeing how there are both 3GB and 6GB 1060M laptops that exist. i am hoping soon like version 19 or 20 the mobile 1060 gets split up and support is only given to the 6gb variant like how it is with the desktop card. 
0 REPLIES 0