cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - USB randomly disconnects

sox_fallhard
Explorer
I have only had my Rift S for about 2 weeks and have been getting this problem since day 1.
when I start my computer the USB can not be recognised and the oculus software tells me that the USB isnt working and to unplug and try a different USB port,
so I do this and it will work again.... until I take the headset off and leave it, it will randomly tell me that the USB has stopped working again (can be 1 - 15 mins)
making me have to unplug and re-plug the USB again if I want to use the VR.

I have checked all my drivers for my motherboard, graphics card etc, and the PC is new (built to play VR) with no other problems with the USB ports working.
I have tried different USB ports, I have tried it by itself with nothing else plugged in.
I have checked my USB power settings.
Restarting the oculus software does not fix it.
I have checked the wires (wiggle tested) when a game is playing and the headset is on.
even restarting the computer doesn't seem to help.. I have to unplug and re-plug the USB.

I am running out of ideas on how to fix this and am really starting to think I will be returning the headset for my money back if I cant get this fixed soon, its a real shame as when its running and I'm playing games, its works great with no problems.
2 REPLIES 2

FelicityC
Adventurer
Can you say the specs of the PC and not just say 'built for VR' and 'new' cuz there's no detail to even try and help here i just sounds like either the usb controller is bad (it doesnt matter if its new, it can be bad still) or the cable itself is bad
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

sox_fallhard
Explorer
Okay, sorry.. here is what I have
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
  • AMD Ryzen7 3800X
  • 32GB DDR4 3200
  • RTX 2070 Super