New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Order stuck on "opened"

coolnehuelcoolnehuel Posts: 12
Brain Burst
I have ordered a Rift S on June 27th, after receiving the email giving me the order number, I used it to check my order status. It had listed all my details like my address, my credit card info, name and email, ect. It also said "opened". I checked on it every day and it was always on "opened" I pretty sure this means that they are processing my order and getting it ready for shipping. Can someone give me a clear explanation on what exactly "opened" means, and how long it should take? (Also estimated arrival time when I was ordering was 13 days (June 10))
Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• dvc2112dvc2112 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    edited July 3
    Took my Quest order about 5-7 days to go from Opened to "Processing for Shipping" and about 3-4 days to actually ship after that (which was a month sooner than their estimate, so I was very happy!).  Guess it will depend on their stock status.
  • coolnehuelcoolnehuel Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    dvc2112 said:
    Took my Quest order about 5-7 days to go from Opened to "Processing for Shipping" and about 3-4 days to actually ship after that (which was a month sooner than their estimate, so I was very happy!).  Guess it will depend on their stock status.
    Thank you so much for your feedback!
    Brain Burst
    edited July 3
    Sure thing!  I sure am loving my Quest.  Some great experiences so far!  As long as you have a Display Port connection on your computer, you will love your Rift-S!  A few on these forums missed that requirement and were saddened to find there's no work-around for not having the DP jack on their computer.
    Brain Burst
    dvc2112 said:
    Sure thing!  I sure am loving my Quest.  Some great experiences so far!  As long as you have a Display Port connection on your computer, you will love your Rift-S!  A few on these forums missed that requirement and were saddened to find there's no work-around for not having the DP jack on their computer.
    Great! Yes, I checked to make sure I have a DP on my computer, because something similar totally definitely didn't happen to me once :wink:
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 200
    Nexus 6
    I ordered a Rift S the same day you did. Please come back and post if there are any changes with your order. You would think since we both ordered the same thing on the same day they will ship out the same time. Who knows. 
    Nexus 6
    My order was the same day and the same thing, I went to support, They told me it should arrive by the 11th of July, I guess they are getting ready to ship it. They also told me we would not receive a email about it until the actual time it is shipped. Hope this helps
    Brain Burst
    My order was the same day and the same thing, I went to support, They told me it should arrive by the 11th of July, I guess they are getting ready to ship it. They also told me we would not receive a email about it until the actual time it is shipped. Hope this helps
    Thank you so much for the information! Well I guess that makes sense for the fact that they are getting ready to ship it.
  • icecold951icecold951 Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    They might well have to make them and ship from China before they can ship to you.
    Brain Burst
    Still opened...
    Nexus 6
    Still opened...

Same here, We both are in the same boat, We both ordered the same thing on the same day. I think it will be shipped in the next few days. Remember what they told me, They said I would not receive a notice with tracking number until the actual shipping time. Just hang in there. I am. :)
    Nexus 6
    My order status just changed to Processing for Shipping  :)  
    Brain Burst
    me too! YAY!
    Nexus 6
    edited July 6
    me too! YAY!
    Hurray! My guess is it will go in the mail in the next few days. I hope so. Wouldn't it be fun if we both received our oculus on the same day. I am in Houston, Texas. I will come back and post when it arrives  :)
  • AnAverageUserAnAverageUser Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Same! Hoping the other comments are correct, I've been on opened for around 3-5 days now,
    Nexus 6
    Same! Hoping the other comments are correct, I've been on opened for around 3-5 days now,
    Well, We know they are getting a shipment ready. What day they actually ship is the question. We will know very soon  B)
    Brain Burst
    me too! YAY!
    Hurray! My guess is it will go in the mail in the next few days. I hope so. Wouldn't it be fun if we both received our oculus on the same day. I am in Houston, Texas. I will come back and post when it arrives  :)
    Yes! That would be very cool! Maybe we won't get them on the same day though, since I live in Little Compton, Rhode Island. Well, I guess we will see!
    Brain Burst
    My order shipped at around 12:00pm! I now have a tracking number, estimated arrival date is Thursday! I am so pumped!
    Nexus 6
    edited July 7
    My order shipped at around 12:00pm! I now have a tracking number, estimated arrival date is Thursday! I am so pumped!
    Hurray  :) No word on mine yet, I will be positive. Keep in mind, Because of the Virus, The Mail has been a little slow lately. How did they ship it? What carrier? You can also go to the shipping site and have them send you tracking updates. Almost all Mail carriers have that option. Let us know when it arrives. See you soon in the VR World  ;)  
  • JveddJvedd Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    Good seeing that other people are having the same issue and have reassured me. Ordered mine 5 days ago and it's still on opened. Psyched to play the rift s!
    Nexus 6
    Okay, Mine was shipped today. Shipped by UPS, Not sure yet on the deliver day. I am a Happy Camper  :)B);)
    Nexus 6
    Jvedd said:
    Good seeing that other people are having the same issue and have reassured me. Ordered mine 5 days ago and it's still on opened. Psyched to play the rift s!
    It took from the day I ordered it (the 27th) to actually being shipped on (The 7th) By the time I receive it. That works out to around Two weeks to get it, Somewhere around that.  ;)
    Nexus 6
    edited July 8
    Okay, Learned it was shipped from Louisville, KY, Shipped on UPS 2 day Air. It says I will receive it Friday. Hope this gives others an idea what to expect  :o:)   That will be exactly 2 weeks from ordering it to receiving it
    Brain Burst
    edited July 9
    Yay! It Arrived now!!!!!!! I am so happy!

Edit: I meant to say this 4 hours ago, but it did not post!
    Brain Burst
    Okay, Learned it was shipped from Louisville, KY, Shipped on UPS 2 day Air. It says I will receive it Friday. Hope this gives others an idea what to expect  :o:)   That will be exactly 2 weeks from ordering it to receiving it
    Yea, the same was for me! Except it was planned to arrive today
    Nexus 6
    Yay! It Arrived now!!!!!!! I am so happy!

Edit: I meant to say this 4 hours ago, but it did not post!
    I am happy for you,
    Like the Romans use to say, "Let the VR Games Begin" LOL  :):p;):DB)
    Brain Burst
    Aww still waiting. Day 7 still no tracking number  :'(
    Brain Burst
    Jvedd said:
    Aww still waiting. Day 7 still no tracking number  :'(
    Don't worry (Probably)! I had no tracking number for 9 days, and the headset ended up coming 1 day earlier than the estimation!
    Nexus 6
    edited July 11
    I am so upset, I waited yesterday all day for the UPS driver to deliver. Tracking said it was out for delivery, Around 7:30 at night I check tracking is it say a delivery was attempted, Will deliver Monday. No Delivery was attempted. I was home, No one showed up. Since it was Friday, It looks like the driver wanted to go home early. I called UPS, Asked if I could come by and pick it up and they said no. Also told me they do not deliver on weekends. They said I had to wait until Monday. I filed a complaint with UPS about the driver and how they lied about the delivery attempt. Said it looks like they just wanted to go home early since it was Friday. This has me really upset. No Oculus for me this weekend  :'(
    Brain Burst
    I am so upset, I waited yesterday all day for the UPS driver to deliver. Tracking said it was out for delivery, Around 7:30 at night I check tracking is it say a delivery was attempted, Will deliver Monday. No Delivery was attempted. I was home, No one showed up. Since it was Friday, It looks like the driver wanted to go home early. I called UPS, Asked if I could come by and pick it up and they said no. Also told me they do not deliver on weekends. They said I had to wait until Monday. I filed a complaint with UPS about the driver and how they lied about the delivery attempt. Said it looks like they just wanted to go home early since it was Friday. This has me really upset. No Oculus for me this weekend  :'(
    Damn bro, it's alright you will get it soon hang in there! Still on "Opened" for me and watching all these VR Videos is making me crazy. Hopefully, they get it to you right away on Monday though!
    Brain Burst
    edited July 11
    Lol, yes, patience.  I had the same thing happen to me with the "Attempted Delivery" - B.S. - I was here, no attempt.  It's part of the process and time flies!  Before you know it you will be VR'ing and no longer waiting... does suck on a weekend, though, as happened to me, so I get it.  I think I got "YouTube Elbow" waiting for mine to arrive.
    Seeing so many posts here on the forums hours after ordering, I often think of this vid (best starts at 1:15):