New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HP Reverb G2 Available September 15th UK Pre-orders UP

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
edited July 7 in General
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/








System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
Tagged:
«13456715

Comments

  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    £649!!!

    I thought it was supposed to be £599?!!?!?  :o

    £523 is MUCH more palatable. I'd be tempted to get one if I didn't already have my Rift S, just as long as the tracking isn't shite of course!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    edited July 6
    Are those two sites any good, like if you need tech support etc? Why on earth hasn't HP uk got this on their website? I have a feeling that's why it's not £599 because it's not on their site.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    This is the official vendor HP UK are using for this product at the moment. I would imagine any support will be handled through HP themselves unless this vendor has the go-ahead to simply ship out replacements if any are faulty.


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    edited July 6
    This is the official vendor HP UK are using for this product at the moment. I would imagine any support will be handled through HP themselves unless this vendor has the go-ahead to simply ship out replacements if any are faulty.

    Will there be other companies selling it in the UK? That price seems to be a bit steep given the German site is selling it much cheaper. Why are we having to pay that amount, any idea?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

    We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

    I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! 😁
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    More chance the VAT is lowered from 20% down to 17.5% or lesser. The German VAT is 16% I believe. Problem is, there is still no guarantee that you won't be hit with import charges ordering via the German website.


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    This is the official vendor HP UK are using for this product at the moment. I would imagine any support will be handled through HP themselves unless this vendor has the go-ahead to simply ship out replacements if any are faulty.

    I rang HP to find out about this and they said they will have them on their website in September. This vendor you linked said they take money when you pre-order and not when it's shipped. I think I'll just wait until HP has them in in September. The vendor price is also wrong and they are going to change it from the £649 it's currently at. There was some confusion about price with HP they said.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

    We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

    I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! 😁

    This will only be for a limited time if he does do that and vouchers will be used for businesses most hit. They won't be giving people £500 towards something like a HP Reverb, the spending will be focused on high street retail shops and things like that.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    There is a more detailed post on Reddit about this but apparently the wrong price was listed and will now be changed. Those like me who already pre-ordered at the old price will have the difference refunded. I hope that is immediate rather than when the item ships as they already took the money.


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    @Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    Price is now revised to £525 including VAT and Shipping to UK. Quite the adjustment. @RedRizla not sure.


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 827
    3Jane
    I am so tempted, Sooooooo tempted, but i never pre order, i always wait for actual hands on reviews....but if all is good then this will replace my CV1, Vive and Dell VR visor, so fingers crossed.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    @Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.

    Unless you're living in a crap country like the States that doesn't have decent consumer rights, you'll always get a 2 year warranty. 😁😎😁

    I'm surprised that the US hasn't changed this to align themselves to the rest of the world years and years ago tbh. They're normally pretty clued up and on point when it comes to rights given their Constitution and everything. 🤔
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    It seems the Reverb addressed most of the concerns I had with the G1.



    Let's see.

    1.Improved area of focus (or sweetspot if you want to call it that)
    2. Reduced Mura
    3. Less chromatic aberration
    4. Thinner (lighter) cable
    5. New controllers
    6. Extra cameras for improved tracking 





    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    snowdog said:
    RedRizla said:
    @Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.

    Unless you're living in a crap country like the States that doesn't have decent consumer rights, you'll always get a 2 year warranty. 😁😎😁

    I'm surprised that the US hasn't changed this to align themselves to the rest of the world years and years ago tbh. They're normally pretty clued up and on point when it comes to rights given their Constitution and everything. 🤔

    Well I contacted the Vendor and they said it's currently a 1 year warranty for the United Kingdom. They said that could change with care packages from HP nearer to the launch. The price has also dropped to the correct price now and all I can say is it's a bargain at £525.
    Rift S might need a price drop given what you get for only £125 more on the HP G2.


  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    Very interesting all this because it's a complete unit with superior visual quality to anything else (as long as you're in the IPD range), not only in its price range but well above. I foresee Pimax 8KX having some serious competition here if this is as good as purported. The only thing people might find lacking is the lack of basestation tracking and controllers not as good as the knuckles or Rift controllers.


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    I though I read that the controllers are very much like Rift S controllers and by the looks of them they do like very similar. I just hope the tracking is good, but I can't see how it won't be when the first HP Reverb did a good job with just 2 camera's.
    I don't think it will be only Pimax that will struggle if the HP G2 ticks all the boxes for that price.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    RedRizla said:
    snowdog said:
    RedRizla said:
    @Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.

    Unless you're living in a crap country like the States that doesn't have decent consumer rights, you'll always get a 2 year warranty. 😁😎😁

    I'm surprised that the US hasn't changed this to align themselves to the rest of the world years and years ago tbh. They're normally pretty clued up and on point when it comes to rights given their Constitution and everything. 🤔

    Well I contacted the Vendor and they said it's currently a 1 year warranty for the United Kingdom. They said that could change with care packages from HP nearer to the launch. The price has also dropped to the correct price now and all I can say is it's a bargain at £525.
    Rift S might need a price drop given what you get for only £125 more on the HP G2.



    Anything bought in the UK or the EU has a 2 year warranty from the company you buy it from as long as the company you buy it from is inside the UK or EU. If you import it from elsewhere (such as the States) you'll only get a 1 year warranty. Manufacturers may give you a separate 1 year manufacturer's warranty but that's a bit pointless to use because you automatically have 2 years warranty with the seller. The contract is between you and the seller so the seller has to deal with any returns or refunds.

    And both the Rift S and the Quest will get a price drop announced at OC7. Probably only £50 though I would have thought, but Oculus should be in a position by then to drop the price of both down to £299 and still break even on the Quest.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,355 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    RedRizla said:
    snowdog said:
    RedRizla said:
    @Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.

    Unless you're living in a crap country like the States that doesn't have decent consumer rights, you'll always get a 2 year warranty. 😁😎😁

    I'm surprised that the US hasn't changed this to align themselves to the rest of the world years and years ago tbh. They're normally pretty clued up and on point when it comes to rights given their Constitution and everything. 🤔

    Well I contacted the Vendor and they said it's currently a 1 year warranty for the United Kingdom. They said that could change with care packages from HP nearer to the launch. The price has also dropped to the correct price now and all I can say is it's a bargain at £525.
    Rift S might need a price drop given what you get for only £125 more on the HP G2.



    Anything bought in the UK or the EU has a 2 year warranty from the company you buy it from as long as the company you buy it from is inside the UK or EU. If you import it from elsewhere (such as the States) you'll only get a 1 year warranty. Manufacturers may give you a separate 1 year manufacturer's warranty but that's a bit pointless to use because you automatically have 2 years warranty with the seller. The contract is between you and the seller so the seller has to deal with any returns or refunds.

    And both the Rift S and the Quest will get a price drop announced at OC7. Probably only £50 though I would have thought, but Oculus should be in a position by then to drop the price of both down to £299 and still break even on the Quest.

    So how do places like Amazon.co.uk get away with giving you a 1 year warranty on things? Also why has Systemactive said you get 1 year warranty, but that might change at launch? Surly they would know being a company since 1998 if you get 2 years warranty or not?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    snowdog said:
    You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

    We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

    I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! 😁

    This will only be for a limited time if he does do that and vouchers will be used for businesses most hit. They won't be giving people £500 towards something like a HP Reverb, the spending will be focused on high street retail shops and things like that.

    Yup, I'm expecting the likes of Currys and Argos to be included. You might be able to pre-order one before it goes out of date, you never know! Got my eye on a new washer dryer.

    I doubt he'll do it anyway.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,716 Valuable Player
    Fantastic! I will be keeping my eye on this one as a potential purchase.

    Although, Shadow, Reverb G2? I believe you spelled, Rift CV3, wrong.
     :p 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,260 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    I ordered 2....... waiting for refund on 1.
    This morning i saw them at £662 from UK supplier and 552 delivered to UK from Germany so ordered one.  Then it was announced it was a pricing error and was reduced to £525 in UK delivered.   I would much rather have official UK device incase of warranty issues esp with us crashing out of EU next year so ordered my 2nd unit.

    I just know I am gonna end up with 2.... oh well am sure it will be sorted out before I have to pay cc bill
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    If not, tell the missus you bought her a present 😂😂😂
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,260 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    If not, tell the missus you bought her a present 😂😂😂
    i think 2 headsets in 1 room is enough (I will keep the rift for my pinball pc.... its also powerful enough for other vr stuff as well as pinball so may set up some 2 player games.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    I can't wait to hear your reaction @Bigmike20vt it will be like someone rinsed the bleach out of your eyes. The gulf between Rift and G1 is substantial. I assume it's greater with the G2. As Zenbane points out, design wise they could be mistaken for Rift 2.0.

    Take-note team Oculus, people still do get excited over PCVR headsets. Additionally, you can't keep Snowdog waiting forever.

     :p 


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,844 Valuable Player
    edited July 8
    It will indeed be interesting to read some reviews. Since Valve is helping the G2, it could be interesting with a G2 vs. Index showdown in Alyx, G2 may win res and has the exact same sound - but Index has external tracking, full finger tracking controllers, much higher refresh rates and bigger fov - and native Steam drivers, although I don't know the importance of the latter.
    No doubt the jump from CV1 to G2 will be profound, as it also is jumping from CV1 to the Index in games made for lcd hmds (or bright games that unintentionally just look great with lcd hmds). I do doubt that many will love not having the deep oled blacks in several games - and then there's performance (with no ASW 2.0 support) and the blurry temporal antialiasing image quality in the Revived top Oculus exclusive games.
    Like Phantom: Covert Ops - it looks really bad played with a lcd hmd. 2c.

    Oculus only needed to put the Quest lenses in the CV1 and they could have ruled the world  :( - And then have made it possible only to buy the hmd for those who already had Touch and sensors (the green/environment-friendly upgrade path  o:)  )
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,150 Valuable Player
    What the lord giveth, the lord taketh away.


    System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,844 Valuable Player
    edited July 8
    On the bright side, Lucky's Tale may look the best ever with the G2  :D - While Asgard's Wrath with High or Epic setting may incur some ... wrath ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,736 Valuable Player
    edited July 8
    Just pulled the trigger myself on the Reverb G2 Pre-Order. I look forward to trying this headset out whenever I do get it.
    I will be keeping my Rift S for the Oculus Games I enjoy. If the Reverb G2 is everything some think it will be, I will be using it for all my other games, namely flight sims which is where I spend most of my time. And of course another play through of Half Life Alyx with the new headset.
    Don

    EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,707 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    RedRizla said:
    snowdog said:
    You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

    We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

    I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! 😁

    This will only be for a limited time if he does do that and vouchers will be used for businesses most hit. They won't be giving people £500 towards something like a HP Reverb, the spending will be focused on high street retail shops and things like that.

    Yup, I'm expecting the likes of Currys and Argos to be included. You might be able to pre-order one before it goes out of date, you never know! Got my eye on a new washer dryer.

    I doubt he'll do it anyway.

    No 500 quid 😭

    Oh well.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
Sign In or Register to comment.