cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Quest - lack of response from support

matt_pettitt_18
Honored Guest
Hi, was just wondering if others had experienced this. I sent my Quest back due to a fault that was received by them on the 23rd June (which they acknowledged).

Last week I asked for an update as to its status and was told there were delays. On Wednesday (this week) and yesterday I have also asked for an update but I have had no response from support whatsoever and I'm becoming a little concerned.

Is this response/fix time normal? 

Thanks,

Matt
6 REPLIES 6

ezop73
Rising Star
The turn around for getting a replacement Quest was normally quite quick, you do have to bare in mind that oculus did at one point give a 1 for 1 replacement. 

you find a fault and then you send it back to oculus and then they would send you out a new unit, then send the faulty unit for refurbishment BUT because a few hundred humans are fundamentally idiots (i'm being kind it's a lot lot more) and can't operate the quest properly then "it must be broken".

Now from what i've read, it's you send it back, they then send the unit to an outside company to check (to make sure its not been tampered with) and re-flash/fix/replace parts if possible, if it can be fixed, the unit will be sent back to the customer, if it can't be fixed it then goes back to oculus and a new order is placed with a push to the top of the distribution list.

the problem is, with it going from place to place it takes time in transit (never mind backlog) and also with this way if they do the fault finding is, if your unit can be fixable but they may not have the part, so it goes on hold status.

the best thing is to keep harassing oculus support DAILY for an answer or ask for a FULL refund

JERisBRISK
Protege
Yeah, I agree with @ezop73. My first Quest had a bad display (two stuck pixels near the middle of the right eye), and it took a few conversations with support to get them to agree to fix it [I only got traction with the chat reps; the email option never bore fruit for me].

Once we got the RMA ball rolling, email support was reasonably responsive (replies within a few hours most days). They were sensitive to my needs (I was about to leave town) and expedited an RMA number for me. I was able to ship my Oculus back to them (shipped on June 26th) and they received it on July 1.  They immediately sent a replacement unit out (I received the email invoice on the 1st) and it arrived on the 7th of July.  I think, given that they specify ground shipping each way, that represents the minimum turnaround time one could reasonably expect. Total time was the 26th to the 7th, or 1.5 weeks.  I should add that I'm in the Seattle area and my unit was shipped to Roseville, CA (took 4 business days, incl. Saturday). The replacement came from Louisville, KY (also took about 4 days, if you subtract one day for July 4th Holiday).

If there's any back-and-forth internally because they're trying to repair your unit, that will certainly drag things out.

However, it's been about 12 business days in their custody (not counting July 3), so they should certainly have some sense of what's going on by now... I'd keep pestering them until you get a solid update with an estimate for when you'll get your unit back -- or just insist they send you a new one and sort it out at their leisure. :wink:

Vinoh
Adventurer
At least you guys got them to issue RMAs. I have 3 stuck pixels and I sent them a photo at their request clearly showing the problem. They had me perform a bunch of meaningless tests and send them the same info multiple times. When they finished stalling and wasting my time, they finally asked that I give them "some more time to look into this display issue" for me, as if this isn't a well known problem. I'm usually quite patient with support issues and understand they may be having some growing pains, but I lose patience when it's clear a company is not operating honestly and in good faith. This is very disappointing since it's taken the shine off what was once my favorite new device.

That said, I'm not sure I want to send it in right away given the uncertainty in how they'll handle the RMA. Ugh.

nishruu2
Protege
wow i love my quest ...sorry i pray OCulus makes it too right;-}

matt_pettitt_18
Honored Guest
My problem is they are just not responding any more to the case. I raised a new case to ask them to please take a look at it (hoping someone else would see it) - and they just mark that one as 'solved' without any comms back to me. Does anyone know if you can contact them by telephone? I've not been able to find a number as yet from the UK.

ezop73
Rising Star
I live in the UK, your best bet is to open a new ticket explaining that they haven't responded in a timely mater and your getting passed about like a rag-doll, also tell them that if the problem is not resolved with 7 days you will escalate your complaint and take legal action in the small claims court, the good thing about UK law is as a consumer you have rights and the UK courts will tend to be on the consumers side.

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

I'm also very surprised that no moderators on this supposed "community support forum" have actually offered any help what so ever.