New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall - crashes randomly within 20 - 60 seconds of loading

Bozman79Bozman79 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi All,

I'm having a frustrating issue with Robo Recall (Rift version - not the Unplugged Quest version) crashing out randomly within a minute of loading.

My setup is:

Oculus Quest connected to PC via Link / Virtual Desktop

Laptop Spec:

Razer Blade Stealth 13
Razer Core X Chroma
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super WINDFORCE OC
16gb ram
Intel i7-1065G7 CPU
SSD has over 200gb of free disk space

Nvidia driver is up to the latest 451.67 release

The game loads up to the title screen and then from there on, it can be anything from 20 seconds to a minute before it will crash out.  When I briefly get a few seconds in the game it runs flawlessly and looks fantastic.  

When it crashes out, I see an egg timer briefly on the screen and then I'm dropped to the link dashboard within the Quest and on the PC back to the Oculus app.

There are no error messages on the laptop screen - I'm not sure where I might find a log file that may have recorded what the issue is?

I'm new to the world of VR so the only game that I have is Vader Immortal and a couple of demos which all work fine.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,445 Valuable Player
    Maybe get rid of your Razer chroma bloatware for starters.  Also, I'm not very happy with the performance of the newest nvidia drivers.  I find 422.19 works best for me.  You should use DDU in safe mode to uninstall nvidia drivers, then reinstall just the nvidia driver, hd audio, and physx.  Avoid Geoforce exp imho.  Also, check your nvidia control panel 3d settings and if you have an integrated gpu like many laptops do, make sure the top option you have selected prefer high performance nvidia gpu.  Further down select prefer max performance.  Also go through all your usb ports with device manager an disable enable power savings.  Also helps if you select a high performance win10 power plan (while plugged into power).

Main things that come to mind.  Laptops can always be a bit tricky, esp with link imho.  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Bozman79Bozman79 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you very much for all of your advice and tips!

Having applied them all unfortunately the problem still persists.  It is consistent now - if I click on load game, I start in the lift at the beginning of the game.  As soon as the doors are about to open to the training room, it bombs out.  This true when attempting to play via Link or VD.

I downloaded / purchased a few other demos and games last night:

Kobold - does not load at all - crashes upon initialisation (link and VD)

Lone Echo II interactive trailer - works fine
    ABE VR - works fine (link only - VD fails to load)
    Walking Dead Saints and Sinners - works fine
    Half-Life Alyx via Steam VR - works fine (better performance via VD strangely?)

I've contacted Oculus support and they've recommended to repair > uninstall - reinstall the Oculus app > enroll in the Beta test group in that order.

I've tried their suggestions as well without any joy.

I guess the next step will be to send them the logs and hope they can see the cause.