cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games in Store for Oculus Headsets only?

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer
Hello my VR friends,
My question is, Is all the content and applications in the Oculus store for Oculus headsets only?
I see so many that are listed in the store that are also found at steam but with one difference, Most, Not all but most of the ones found at Steam work for more than one type of Headset. I own a Oculus Rift S headset as well as a HTC Vive.  If I was to select a game for my headset, I would prefer making a purchase where I can get the most out of it. If I can purchase a game for my Rift that also works for my Vive, I think I would purchase from that store. If this is the case that the Oculus store only sells content that works only for Oculus Headsets, They are losing money because of this. Is this the case with the Oculus Store?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KICKASSHERO
Protege
Yes that is the case. Oculus has an eco-system too that it needs to support and continue to gain support of developers. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KICKASSHERO
Protege
Yes that is the case. Oculus has an eco-system too that it needs to support and continue to gain support of developers. 

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer

That has to take away a little from the market I would think. There are a few games I purchased at Steam that are also sold at Oculus just so I could use it in both types of Headsets I own. Good for Steam but does nothing good for Oculus

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Oculus has some exclusive games. That said, there are was to play those games using other headsets too. Just as there's ways to use a Quest wirelessly and still play your Steam games, at least. Doesn't Vive now have it's own store ecosystem too?
*checks*
Yeah, there is. And half of the stuff on that store is exclusive to HTC Vive headsets. Granted, there's enough stuff that is compatible with the Quest and Rift S that I'm strongly tempted to subscribe to Viveport Infinity.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.