New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Internet required for games that doesn't need it before ? What ??

Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 98
Hiro Protagonist
edited July 26 in Oculus Quest
I'm REALLY disappointed by this new trend to make an internet connection compulsory. I would like to fish without wifi, or taking a break and do some BoxVR in a place where there is no internet at all. I bought these 2 games without this imperative and now I can't play it anymore like I want. They are SOLO games, with some multiplayer components maybe, but being forced to have an internet connection in order to play in solo is NOT acceptable.

Oculus Quest - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i7 8700 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - Crucial MX300 500Go + 1To - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold

Comments

• ufcfanufcfan Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    I agree. It should not be a requirement. If there are some features they've added like multiplayer support or cloud saves etc it should just let you know that those features are not available. In which case I would just say "Ok then" and carry on.
    Old Guy that's involved in anything Tech, Computer, Hi Fi Audio, Video & Photo Editing for longer than most have been around   
    My first HD was 10mb and I was the envy of my geek buddies and the Idiot of the year to my soon to be Ex wife
    btw You could by a brand new car off the lot for $5000 and we drove an older model sedan lol
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 832
    Trinity
    Its the same for casting the gameplay to a mobile - there is no need for an internet connection, you should be able to do it adhock device to device - but NOOoooOOOOooOOO you must have an internet connection.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • clacurtisclacurtis Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I agree - I live in a state that doesn't even have cellphone coverage everywhere, much less internet. 
    We ought to be able to take the gear to a friend's house and still have it work. 
  • Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2
    I'm wondering if it's a contract violation to make an internet requirement for a game that didn't need it the day of purchase...
    I propose to contact Oculus customer service to notify them about this nonsense. If we are numerous maybe they could hear better.
    Oculus Quest - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i7 8700 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - Crucial MX300 500Go + 1To - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold