New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Omen 15 en0xxx

kkri123kkri123 Posts: 1
NerveGear
I just bought a omen 15 en0xxx and have tried to get the link working it has the 1660ti Nvidia and all the required specs. But I get into the occulus app and it tells me I don't meet the updated min requirements. The only thing I'm seeing that I may not have is a USB 3 cord

Comments

• ufcfanufcfan Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    laptop 1660ti is not the same as desktop 1660ti. It's misleading as all heck the way manufacturers use the same nomenclature for their laptop GPU's as desktop specifically to capitalize on people not knowing there is a difference. They know that people will see the 1660ti and relate that to a relatively capable desktop when it underperforms the desktop version in every aspect. video about this here
    Old Guy that's involved in anything Tech, Computer, Hi Fi Audio, Video & Photo Editing for longer than most have been around   
    My first HD was 10mb and I was the envy of my geek buddies and the Idiot of the year to my soon to be Ex wife
    btw You could by a brand new car off the lot for $5000 and we drove an older model sedan lol
  • TwrchTrwyddTwrchTrwydd Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    no problem here:
    ASUS ROG STRIX G Notebook with GTX 1660Ti mobile !
    CPU is i7-9750H and 16GB memory
    Link performs flawlessly.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,388 Valuable Player
    Gaming laptops can be a bit hit-and-miss.  Main thing is to check your nvidia control panel 3d settings and make sure the top line selection says prefer high performance nvidia gpu.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).