New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus doesn’t support my version of windows...

TobiasZackaroff81TobiasZackaroff81 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited July 29 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Hi, a text say when I’m in oculus: Oculus doesn’t support my version of windows...

but I have windows 10 as normal.
Dont understand

what to do to get the text away?

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    You should probably edit the picture to remove your email address.

If no one gives you an answer here, contact Oculus support...................
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,973 Volunteer Moderator
    Richooal said:
    You should probably edit the picture to remove your email address.
    Done
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.388)
  • CygnificCygnific Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    If you type "winver" without the " " in command prompt or searchbar what version do you have? Should be version 2004
  • MegalithikMegalithik Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    edited July 31
    Windows 10 gets two version updates per year, only the current one and the two oldest ones are supported by Microsoft which most devs follow Microsoft's planned end of life schedule.  The current version is 2004 so 1909 and 1903 are still supported. Anything older than that is questionable.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    Windows 10 gets two version updates per year, only the current one and the two oldest ones are supported by Microsoft which most devs follow Microsoft's planned end of life schedule.  The current version is 2004 so 1909 and 1903 are still supported. Anything older than that is questionable.

Service is provided for 18 months from the available date of each bi-annual update. However the OP is referring to Oculus support of his OS, not Microsoft's support. Oculus software doesn't seem to be able to correctly identify USB ports or operating systems.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.