New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Reveal Video

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,744 Valuable Player
Fantastic video with some behind-the-scenes goodness. I'm extra excited about this title!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,926 Valuable Player
    Wow, cool. I hope it's better than the Vader Immortal games technically. I got the feeling that the Vader Immortals were a bit amateurish in their implementation.  
    i7 9700k 2080ti   CV1, Rift-S, Index
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,744 Valuable Player
    I know Vader Immortal was a hit or miss for many people. And it was likely a "rushed" job to get it to launch with Quest. This title, however, seems to be getting a lot of much needed love and attention that those AAA-ish VR titles need. Wishful thinking!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,967 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    Wow, cool. I hope it's better than the Vader Immortal games technically. I got the feeling that the Vader Immortals were a bit amateurish in their implementation.  
    This game is a Quest exclusive, not sure we'll get any Rift versions this time - but I hope so. Although Vader Immortal did look dated here and there, I was great impressed by these short episodes. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,736 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    MowTin said:
    This game is a Quest exclusive, not sure we'll get any Rift versions this time - but I hope so. Although Vader Immortal did look dated here and there, I was great impressed by these short episodes. 

You rarely see someone spending this amount of money on a video game and only have it on one platform unless they have had a rather large moneyhat from a platform holder, and seeing as Oculus are fronting the cash for this it will almost certainly find its way into the Rift Store after a while, same as Vadar Immortal. 😁
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,744 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    MowTin said:

You rarely see someone spending this amount of money on a video game and only have it on one platform unless they have had a rather large moneyhat from a platform holder, and seeing as Oculus are fronting the cash for this it will almost certainly find its way into the Rift Store after a while, same as Vadar Immortal. 😁

Yep. Except for that whole RE7 PSVR situation :'(
  • Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    I liked Vader Immortal 1, haven't gotten the other 2 parts yet. Too many other things on my VR bucket list. But this does look interesting too. :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,736 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    snowdog said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    MowTin said:

Yep. Except for that whole RE7 PSVR situation :'(

Hence me saying 'rather large moneyhat from a platform holder'. Sony paid for exclusivity by the looks of things otherwise Capcom could have done a quick dirty port for PC VR headsets in a matter of a month or two at the most if they had just used mouse and keyboard and gamepad controls.

Hell, even if they had gone the whole hog and implemented motion controllers they could still get it done in six months and it would have sold a shitload. The vast majority of the QA work was already done so they could have done this REALLY quickly.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever