New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Horizon

ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 296
Nexus 6
Does anyone have any idea/info on when Facebook Horizon is due for release/Beta testing?

I signed up when it was announced, but since then I've not heard a thing.

I think that in the current climate this would be a great way to keep people connected and increase VR adoption.

RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,452 Valuable Player
    edited July 31
    I am betting on September along with the announcement they are launching a new HMD to go with it. They may feel forced to bring out at least some teaser information sooner rather than later because of the HP launch.

I think they will be tying the two together in a single launch, so they wont want people using other headsets on it before that or giving out spoilers with beta testing videos.

Oculus are pretty tight lipped though so who knows?

• wuzpwuzp Posts: 340
    Trinity
    edited July 31
    I am betting on September along with the announcement they are launching a new HMD to go with it. They may feel forced to bring out at least some teaser information sooner rather than later because of the HP launch.

I think they will be tying the two together in a single launch, so they wont want people using other headsets on it before that or giving out spoilers with beta testing videos.

Oculus are pretty tight lipped though so who knows?
    Let's just hope that using Horizon isn't somehow tied to purchasing a new headset :p
  • Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    Since I'll be using my Quest using Link, I wont need a new headset. Looks like Horizon will be available as PCVR using the Rift and Rift S.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,452 Valuable Player
    It will be usable on most headsets no doubt but for launch they probably want to release both at the same time for a bigger impact.