New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Received Oculus Rift S but the box was EMPTY!

Today, 7/30/2020, I finally received my Oculus Rift S. Roommate was home and grabbed the package not knowing what it was but texted me that it was very light. I got home from work, box was sitting on the couch. Grabbed a knife, cut the tape, and discovered nothing inside. Box was perfect. Only one layer of unbroken tape. Opened a support ticket since it's impossible to find a phone number to call. I'm so pissed right now. Looks like it was shipped from the factory empty. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Comments

• Purple_PilgrimPurple_Pilgrim Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I just want to talk to a human and get my Rift and not have to wait months for stock to come in and 2.5 weeks just to get the shipment. 
  • iGotKiLoSiGotKiLoS Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Just happened to me too, talked to someone in a chat, said they will contact me VIA E-Mail for further support, seems like it's been happening quite a bit lately, hopefully things can get resolved fast and efficiently 
  • b.timofteb.timofte Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    get rekt lol
    NerveGear
    b.timofte said:
    get rekt lol
    Wow, real nice.
    NerveGear
    iGotKiLoS said:
    Just happened to me too, talked to someone in a chat, said they will contact me VIA E-Mail for further support, seems like it's been happening quite a bit lately, hopefully things can get resolved fast and efficiently 
    How were you able to talk to someone via chat? I've only been able to talk via support ticket. I will keep this thread updated on any resolution I get. Let me know what Oculus does for you. 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,445 Valuable Player
    When you go to Oculus Support website page, say to start a ticket, you should see a Chat option on the lower right of this screen.  Depending on your country Chat may only be available during some days and times.  Well worth trying it for fast answers, esp. basic problems.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• iGotKiLoSiGotKiLoS Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yeah, I talked to someone in a chat but they directed it to a ticket, still waiting for a response. This has really turned me away from even wanting VR any more.. 
  • andysonofbobandysonofbob Posts: 253
    Nexus 6
    Mate
    All I can say is... ugh!  I would be fuming.
    It will without doubt ultimately get sorted, though you may have to gird yourself for frustrations.  I have found their ticket services is better than they advertise.  I always expect the 24/48 response period but have always been pleasantly suprised when it is closer to 6 hours.
    VR is defo worth it though.  If you are a simmer, I would say it's essential.
    Sending my best wishes.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 832
    Trinity
    Looks like there is a thief working for Oculus or a subsidiary. 
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • johnmarky7johnmarky7 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Looks like there is thief behind it
    NerveGear
    I ordered direct from Oculus.Oculus claims it couldn't have been shipped empty. I saw the box and it was only sealed once. So I agree, someone at the factory is yanking them because this problem is not just one or two people and it's not happening during shipping. Unless the thief peeled all the tape off without ripping any cardboard and then resealed it. Doubtful. Not super happy with customer service right now. They aren't being too helpful. 
    NerveGear
    iGotKiLoS said:
    Yeah, I talked to someone in a chat but they directed it to a ticket, still waiting for a response. This has really turned me away from even wanting VR any more.. 
    Any response/resolution by Oculus yet? I have to now wait until they investigate with UPS even though the box clearly want tampered with. I just have to keep waiting. They won't ship me a new one or do anything.
  • FarkMeLowBatteryFarkMeLowBattery Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I don't want to say it, but I will say it.. The world are pissed at china at the moment, are you surprised? Or forgot that the world depends on china for cheap labour lol don't panic they can trace the headset via the serial numbers once it's activated and if they are silly enough to log into Facebook so the location and information is shared with Oculus Headset and serial.  
    However customs would have noticed a empty box going through and question the weight on the mailing details, 
    Just putting that out there ... What would I know right 😁
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,973 Volunteer Moderator
    I ordered direct from Oculus.Oculus claims it couldn't have been shipped empty. I saw the box and it was only sealed once. So I agree, someone at the factory is yanking them because this problem is not just one or two people and it's not happening during shipping. Unless the thief peeled all the tape off without ripping any cardboard and then resealed it. Doubtful. Not super happy with customer service right now. They aren't being too helpful. 

Both my Rift-S and Quest arrived with the inner Oculus boxes sealed within machine applied cellophane, there was no tape on those boxes. If you look at Quest and Rift-S unboxing videos they show that wrap. I've seen a couple store bought boxes with the wrap removed but not sure if that's common.

I think for deliveries, the wrap is a security thing because it can't be reproduced without the vacuum machine.

Perhaps others who've received their Quests and Rift-S's recently can confirm if that clear covering is still the method being used. 
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.388)
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,407 Valuable Player
    Wow, that's a helluva expensive box!

If I was you, I'd be slugging antacids.