New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is Neuralink a threat to humanity?

eric.tan.58173000eric.tan.58173000 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hi guys:)

Is Neuralink a threat to humanity where people will go extinct because they can go full dive in Virtual reality with a brain implant?

Will we really get Neuralink by 2038?

Or is this all doomed to fail?

Thanks?

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    1. Yes it's a threat. No people cannot go extinct from it.
    2. I was hoping we could push it back to 2048. (I'll probably be dead or too old to care).
    3. It's doomed to be plagued by excessive legislation especially if some of the larger social platforms start buying into it.

Imagine a social VR platform with a headset capable of reading those implanted electrodes.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,736 Valuable Player
    Well I won't have any worries, I won't be able to use it because they won't be able to make an implant complex enough for my far superior brain. 🧠😁

And there's bound to be women out there of child bearing age that aren't willing to risk a brain implant so I'll be the one keeping the human race going with a sizable harem. 😎
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,737 Valuable Player
    I wouldnt complain about a cyberjack.
    I mean you need one to drive an Exo Suit in Exo Squad.
    Or Jump into a local net for a hack.
    Maybe even jack a gunsight to you for aiming.

Not everyone can have a Thinking Cap like in Robotech!!

Real life though just think on what a cyberjack could do for someone who’s paralyzed.
    WAAAGH!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,742 Valuable Player
    Reality and Humanity will simply get redefined to reflect advances in physics, neuroscience, and philosophy.

One day the Sun will explode, and that is definitely a threat to Humanity and Reality, no matter what the definition is. Advances in technology and enhancing our species is the only way to give Humanity a chance to survive our inevitable extinction.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,965 Valuable Player
    Not sure Neuralink is that bad, compared to the upcoming Covid-666  :#
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"