cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S display constantly flickering

jordanf1990
Sightseer
Hi, so I recently received a rift s yesterday and all set up fine and was working perfectly for maybe the first hour or so.

After that I started to get a flickering which seemed to be only from the left hand side (the only way I can describe it is like when an old tv wasn't tuned properly or a cable was loose) and it would consistently do this no matter what I did in terms of restarting the software, unplugging the headset and updating all my drivers. Has anyone else had these issues and manage to fix them? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

I'm currently running a ryzen 5 3600, GeForce 1660 6gb and 16gb of ram on windows 10.
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @jordanf1990 try removing the facial interface and reseating the cable. Sometimes the connection can get loose and cause issues. The logs are noting some USB connection and bandwidth issues, so removing all non-Oculus USB devices other than the mouse and keyboard may yield different results. If the issue persists, create a ticket here. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jordanf1990
Sightseer
Hi, I've tried your suggestion and I'm still getting the same issue, maybe worked for about half an hour before it started to mess up again, I tried reseating the cable and restarting the software and still had the same issue. I have a ticket open already so I will continue to speak to support, thank you for your help.